• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #30: Discworld

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

A non game-playing friend gave me their copy of the Colour of Magic many years ago when I mentioned that I was playing a Discworld game & I still haven’t got around to reading it! 

I was originally intending to take part using my Playstation version if the game had won the voting way back when it was 1st nominated - the trouble is that I’ve got a much larger TV screen than when I 1st played so I’m not sure how it would look (I might try it for the hell of it!)... but meanwhile since I’ve been kindly sent a PC disc version of the game of which after playing through the intro seems to be working ok so I’m ready to go! & really fancy a curry now!

I had to use a walkthrough the 1st time & will avoid this time, also 4 months is okay for me!

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 16 October 2014 09:04 AM

A non game-playing friend gave me their copy of the Colour of Murder many years ago when I mentioned that I was playing a Discworld game & I still haven’t got around to reading it!

Is this a novel I never heard of or a new autocorrection masterpiece? Grin
(The colour of magic)

More seriously though, don’t consider the last chapter a real one, since it’s going to take just a couple of hours from your time, really…. And the first one is easier than the more difficult 2nd and 3rd…The playthrough is NOT going to last 4 months, unless we are heavily out of scheadule.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 16 October 2014 12:37 PM
chrissie - 16 October 2014 09:04 AM

A non game-playing friend gave me their copy of the Colour of Murder many years ago when I mentioned that I was playing a Discworld game & I still haven’t got around to reading it!

Is this a novel I never heard of or a new autocorrection masterpiece? Grin
(The colour of magic)

Thanks Sefir!  Smile  I don’t know how Murder replaced Magic - I’ve got a keyboard with a mind of it’s own! - really!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 16 October 2014 01:01 PM

Thanks Sefir!  Smile  I don’t know how Murder replaced Magic - I’ve got a keyboard with a mind of it’s own! - really!

A Carol Reed fan keyboard! I like it! Tongue

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

I´d like to join this one, I —ing love Discworld! Read all the books(many times)except the newest.
Have the game running in ScummVM, seems to work fine.
I don´t know how much activity you´ll see from me in the thread, but it´s nice having someone to play with and hopefully it will help me avoid the lure of the walkthrough.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir…? It’s 19 October.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

While today is supposed to be the official beginning of our playthrouh, only TimovieMan,  Iznogood, Jabod, chrissie and Duck of Doom have confirmed that they indeed have the game and got it running, while Lady Kestrel informed us that she will have her copy in a few days.

Since the game was voted by far more people and we need more participants to confirm that they are ready to go (Karlok, millenia, Bogi, crabapple, etc) I will stretch the deadline one day more. We start tomorrow with as many participants we have.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Sefir - 19 October 2014 02:31 PM

Since the game was voted by far more people and we need more participants to confirm that they are ready to go (Karlok, millenia, chrissie, Bogi, crabapple, etc) I will stretch the deadline one day more. We start tomorrow with as many participants we have.

Yes the game works in ScummVM on my computer, though I may end up playing it in DOSBox instead. Haven’t decided.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ready!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m ready & I did say that in an earlier post!  Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 19 October 2014 04:26 PM

Ready!

Noted! Thumbs Up

crabapple - 19 October 2014 04:21 PM

Yes the game works in ScummVM on my computer, though I may end up playing it in DOSBox instead. Haven’t decided.

ScummVM of course!

chrissie - 19 October 2014 04:47 PM

I’m ready & I did say that in an earlier post!  Smile

Sure you did. That was my mistake.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Ready

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I can see that the majority of us are ready to go! Those of you who aren’t, don’t worry. It will be easy to catch up in the first chapter.

Let us get started!!
After the nice, colourful and funny intro that introduces us to the game and its tone in general, we find ourselves controlling Rincewind, who sleeps peacefully, along with the luggage, inside the Unseen University. It is pretty easy to finish the first introductory quest and take the first quest from the Archchancellor. Remember, explore the rooms of the Unseen University, have fun with the witty dialogs and Rincewind’s comments (you should definately try to click on him! More than once!). You should have the first introductory quest finished in 1-2 days. When you do, the Archchancelor will give you the first quest to search for 5 main items: a magic staff, a metal container, an imp, dragon breath and a magic coil.

We will start with the easiest main item, the magic staff

Remember the steps: Explore, find the target and try to understand why you can’t take it.

You have until the 27th of October to finish the first introductory quest and take the first quest item. And if you do this quickly….there is an entire city that awaits to be explored! Wink

P.S. As promised, I edited a full map of Ankh Morpork in my first posts.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My game just arrived in the mail today.  I will try to get it installed later this afternoon.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

What’s so cleaver about writing down the word ‘monkey’?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top