• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 August 2017 01:39 PM

No More Heroes 3, UE4

Written and directed by Suda51

Collaboration with Hotlinemiami and other indies

Unveiled as part of today’s Switch Nindies Showcase, Travis Strikes Again features the No More Heroes star being confronted in his trailer by TKTK, only to be pulled into the game he was playing — Hotline Miami.

A partnership between developer Grasshopper Manufacture and various indie developers will delve into six different games and beat their respective bosses.

Amazing! And Hotline is a great fit. I hope they keep some indie partnerships surprise and don’t reveal all before

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 30 August 2017 04:52 PM

Amazing! And Hotline is a great fit. I hope they keep some indie partnerships surprise and don’t reveal all before

Its not called NMH3, my bad and surprise
I hope other indie worlds taken are of violent nature and fitting for the theme, there are not many indies that can sync in NMH world
6 indie worlds can be worrying sign for content and bosses, compound with the fact its shown at indie show, maybe budget affair
I though indie collaboration was more like them minigames like NMH2 in main Suda world, side stuff
In this game you are sucked in by Deathdrive console into game world , DD was in Letitdie

I am hyped af but dont want to cave in to borrow switch again , also a hunch that paradise edition will land on other consoles

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 30 August 2017 07:16 PM
wilco - 30 August 2017 04:52 PM

Its not called NMH3, my bad and surprise
I hope other indie worlds taken are of violent nature and fitting for the theme, there are not many indies that can sync in NMH world
6 indie worlds can be worrying sign for content and bosses, compound with the fact its shown at indie show, maybe budget affair
I though indie collaboration was more like them minigames like NMH2 in main Suda world, side stuff
In this game you are sucked in by Deathdrive console into game world , DD was in Letitdie

I am hyped af but dont want to cave in to borrow switch again , also a hunch that paradise edition will land on other consoles

Wow that is such a cool idea, I am completely sold. So what other indie games do you think would fit the theme of NMH3? Something like Dead Nation from Housemarque or the newly revealed Ruiner might work well too. I wonder if they want to keep the same theme, or they want to go bonkers with it, like go into a Cuphead world Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Remember the crazy hardcore guy Dishonored vids i posted
Now Beth/Arkane got this guy to promote Outsider, and what he is doing here is another crazy display of super human skills

Good move Arkane

SoccerDude28 - 31 August 2017 03:38 PM

Wow that is such a cool idea, I am completely sold. So what other indie games do you think would fit the theme of NMH3? Something like Dead Nation from Housemarque or the newly revealed Ruiner might work well too. I wonder if they want to keep the same theme, or they want to go bonkers with it, like go into a Cuphead world Tongue

No idea, Hotline crossover was expected since he was a fan since HM1
Now other indie worlds depend upon Devs who are Suda fans
HM guys were and even were inspired from Killer7
Who knows maybe Dangan Ronpa or Silvercase worlds will endup in
Or other Revolver digital titles
Guacamelee could fit since Suda is fan of Mexican culture and luchalibre

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

NMH travis strikes back takes place between NMH1 and 2 so its not 3

And

Rumblings of Catherine sequel, thats good news, maybe TGS surprise

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

His wife is wearing overwatch hat Meh

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

New fig campaign for SWERY’s new game “The Good Life”(where people become cats at night) is now Live, and so far it has reached 5% of its 1.5 million dollars goal.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/the-good-life

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 02 September 2017 09:09 PM

New fig campaign for SWERY’s new game “The Good Life”(where people become cats at night) is now Live, and so far it has reached 5% of its 1.5 million dollars goal.

Glad its 3D game, oh yess
style looks old psx/2 zigzaggy and not layton

Hype

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SEnix and Crystaldynamics

I am glad gaming is back on all fronts even though GAS will take mainstream
There are still plenty of games coming for my itch like recently announced ones piling on others

Also cheap sales counter GAS type shit

Meanwhile i am hating space issues on PS4, i am not eager to retrofit 1TB into it
Deleting so many games and managing space like some item management resource minigame Meh

Its also very frustrating that PS4 is catching up PC frustrations
Some f2p games like Letitdie and Orcs must die are constantly updating
By the time my dload finishes, it pops up another update
And they are like 5 to 12 gb, wtf is that shit

Then ps4 speeds are whack, Japanese demos total 6 gb, in 2 hrs
Last remaining 3 gb of some other AAA game 1 day

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 September 2017 09:38 PM
SoccerDude28 - 02 September 2017 09:09 PM

Glad its 3D game, oh yess
style looks old psx/2 zigzaggy and not layton

Hype

Campaign started slow, not very promising…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Alice needs help, i finished all of them and they are uniquely crazy, just sign mailing list
Maybe EA will back it like them indies
And with UE4 , Alice world will shine even more better

http://www.americanmcgee.com/alice-3/

wilco - 03 September 2017 07:21 AM

Campaign started slow, not very promising…

Yes, lets see Swery limit

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 03 September 2017 09:27 AM

Alice needs help, i finished all of them and they are uniquely crazy, just sign mailing list
Maybe EA will back it like them indies
And with UE4 , Alice world will shine even more better

http://www.americanmcgee.com/alice-3/

Another sequel! art direction of the first 2 was great, would very much like to see another one.
Can’t see EA backing this now but maybe other publisher like Deep Silver of THQ can step in

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 03 September 2017 03:06 AM

SEnix and Crystaldynamics

Meanwhile i am hating space issues on PS4, i am not eager to retrofit 1TB into it
Deleting so many games and managing space like some item management resource

I was sick of the space juggling, so I went and bought 8 TB external. It works, but the PS4 when it starts tries to read every single game on it, and sometimes I have to wait a few minutes before games become available to play, which is super frustrating. Console OS has never been Sony forte unfortunately.

And I agree on PS4 download speeds. Steam games download in seconds on my PC but Sony has much slower bandwidth.

As far as GAS goes, lots of AAA have adopted that unfortunately. Claire told me that Laurent, ubi SF pres joked that South Park is the only non GAS game that has GAS Smile CCG’s are the trend now, and Rainbow six siege, Destiny and Overwatch plus COD rake in tons of money. Also let’s not forget LOL and DOTA. AAA industry are copy cats, and when a game or model is very successful, they all want to do the same. Hope is with Sony and Nintendo first and second parties and indies, plus japanese single player devs like platinum or SWERY.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 September 2017 11:54 AM

AAA industry are copy cats, and when a game or model is very successful, they all want to do the same. Hope is with Sony and Nintendo first and second parties and indies, plus japanese single player devs like platinum or SWERY.

Last gen i was vocal against cover shooters, DLCs and CoD ripoffs
Yes every Dev follow trend, i am not against GAS totally but if each franchise is forced to engineer for that model then it sucks

They did it in DeusEx MD with Breach mode, the mode is waste and not to mention who the fuck will spend money on that mode extras, so that mode was waste of resources that could have used to release the other (single player campaign) half being cut but SE being greedy

Now Shadowofwar is being criticized for same by many gamers

It works well for Injustice2, they are very rewarding
Same for Letitdie or Destiny2 and i am sure Borderlands3 will use it too in some fashion

But please leave old single player franchises, i would rather enjoy it in new IP like Letitdie than say nomoreheroes

No doubt its very lucrative market considering upcoming millenials who are ready to empty their parents credit cards , raised in a default gaming environment of Micro transactions

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Who needs giger? I dont

Great improvements, incredible art

Edit

Knack 2 being ***** in reviews

http://opencritic.com/game/4491/knack-2

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top