• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Knack2 demo up on EU PSN
king is back baby

SoccerDude28 - 28 August 2017 05:58 PM

I didn’t play the original Rune, but Humanhead are the devs of the 2006 Prey right? I really enjoyed that one, and thought it had some cool ideas like the portals and spirit walking. Glad they are making another game after such a long hiatus from the AAA scene.

Yes and they also helped finish Bioshock infinite
Right now new Rune is pc only, i hope it lands on PS4

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 28 August 2017 07:53 PM

Knack2 demo up on EU PSN
king is back baby

Nice, downloading right now. Knack was my very first bought PS4 game, and it brings back good memories. I was going through some rough health problems at the time, and I remember Knack just taking my mind off it, and making me happy Smile

Edit: Finished the demo. Pretty entertaining, and seems that the fighting is more nuanced than Knack. Will probably get at launch.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 August 2017 08:52 PM

Edit: Finished the demo. Pretty entertaining, and seems that the fighting is more nuanced than Knack. Will probably get at launch.

Wait…it was short, lasted 10 mins
Foundation is good, punishing fights but how can Cerny pass that environment art design is beyond my comprehension
I need to see environments diversity and design of other levels before jumping in for full price

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 28 August 2017 11:52 PM

Foundation is good, punishing fights but how can Cerny pass that environment art design is beyond my comprehension
I need to see environments diversity and design of other levels before jumping in for full price

From a graphics details perspective, it is definitely lackluster compared to Ratchet and Clank for example, but the game play seems pretty fun. From the highlight reel they show before trying the demo, it seems like there is much more variety here than the original game, but you are right. Maybe we should wait and see what the critics say when the game is reviewed. By the way, the game’s price is $39.99, so the game is not in the AAA price point. Not sure if that is indicative of the length of the game.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 August 2017 11:58 PM
nomadsoul - 28 August 2017 11:52 PM

From a graphics details perspective, it is definitely lackluster compared to Ratchet and Clank for example, but the game play seems pretty fun. From the highlight reel they show before trying the demo, it seems like there is much more variety here than the original game, but you are right. Maybe we should wait and see what the critics say when the game is reviewed. By the way, the game’s price is $39.99, so the game is not in the AAA price point. Not sure if that is indicative of the length of the game.

Also played the Knack 2; The Knackening demo, surprised of how much is plays and looks like the fisrt game, doesn’t seem much of an evolution in graphics or gameplay.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hot Shots / Everydody’s Golf also getting good reviews

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/everybodys-golf

I digged the Vita version, I’ll probably get this, arcade golf is great - Outlaw Golf 2 was the best

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Played Knack2 again on hard with my bro, local coop, he enjoyed it
Its fun with 2 people

There are some demos on EU psn not on US store
Tried Vikings, some solid jank in gameplay but a timepass fix for BaldursGate:DarkAlliance itch

Senko no Ronde 2 , wat an unusual game, great music and bullethell one on one with plenty of onscreen action

I also got in FF Dissidia closed Beta, good music and hectic fights, decent graphics and fun
Its button mash and not balanced but a good time pass

Meanwhile, next PSN+ games are Infamous SS and child of light, now sony is dropping AAA games

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 29 August 2017 12:50 PM

Meanwhile, next PSN+ games are Infamous SS and child of light, now sony is dropping AAA games

Awesome they are starting to bring out the big guns. I played both of these a while back. Infamous SS has very good game play, but lacks the variety of Infamous/Infamous 2 (and I really don’t like Delsin as a protagonist). Child of Light is a little indie gem from Ubisoft. Wife told me story about its creation. It was pitched by a lead female programmer who was tired of working on AAA in Ubi Montreal when they were still experimenting with the Ubi Art framework, and they loved it so they rolled with it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 29 August 2017 01:30 PM
nomadsoul - 29 August 2017 12:50 PM

Awesome they are starting to bring out the big guns. I played both of these a while back. Infamous SS has very good game play, but lacks the variety of Infamous/Infamous 2 (and I really don’t like Delsin as a protagonist). Child of Light is a little indie gem from Ubisoft. Wife told me story about its creation. It was pitched by a lead female programmer who was tired of working on AAA in Ubi Montreal when they were still experimenting with the Ubi Art framework, and they loved it so they rolled with it.

Infamous is cool, really liked the powers, but wasn’t Child of Light already part of Ps+ before? Or maybe it was Xbox Gold…

Edit: Searched and it seems like it was indeed Xbox Gold and Ps+ only in Japan

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 August 2017 02:06 PM

Edit: Searched and it seems like it was indeed Xbox Gold and Ps+ only in Japan

It was PSN+ for PS3 iirc and it would be wise to not give PS3 titles on PSN+ ps4 freebies

Awesome they are starting to bring out the big guns.

Also Steam effect is now seeping in PSN
Sales of AAA games are getting down to 10 to 30$ range , even for new games like
Prey, Grecon or MEA etc which were at 30$

While R&C,MEdge,Knack,madmax,Sleepingdogs at 10$

I got DXmankindDivided for 15$ for my bro

Insane sales

Darksiders collection is still at 20$, i highly recommend it for those who havent dipped in the series yet

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 August 2017 03:43 PM

Also Steam effect is now seeping in PSN
Sales of AAA games are getting down to 10 to 30$ range , even for new games like
Prey, Grecon or MEA etc which were at 30$

While R&C,MEdge,Knack,madmax,Sleepingdogs at 10$

I got DXmankindDivided for 15$ for my bro

Insane sales

Darksiders collection is still at 20$, i highly recommend it for those who havent dipped in the series yet

And don’t forget that humble bundle also has psn games sometimes, too bad it’s only for the NA store so far

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 August 2017 04:14 PM

And don’t forget that humble bundle also has psn games sometimes, too bad it’s only for the NA store so far

Amazon goes crazy too sometimes selling them digital codes for cheap
Pay online , code inbox
Cheap ass digital viva la revolucion

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Absolver looks good on streams however first impressions on forums are pointing many tech issues like framerate,inputdelay and save corruption

Anyone dipping in it share your thoughts

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ys8 is even hit now?

Well wat

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425410

This year

Demo is up on PSN, gotta try that

Edit

And PSN+ list

NA

inFamous: Second Son, PS4
Strike Vector Ex, PS4
Monster Jam Battlegrounds, PS3
Hustle Kings, PS3
Hue, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Sky Force Anniversary, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4 & PS3)
RIGS Mechanized Combat League (PS VR)

A VR game too

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No More Heroes 3, UE4

Written and directed by Suda51

Collaboration with Hotlinemiami and other indies

Unveiled as part of today’s Switch Nindies Showcase, Travis Strikes Again features the No More Heroes star being confronted in his trailer by TKTK, only to be pulled into the game he was playing — Hotline Miami.

A partnership between developer Grasshopper Manufacture and various indie developers will delve into six different games and beat their respective bosses.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top