• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady KestrelSefirwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 14 May 2017 01:25 PM

Id hired Tiago Sousa from Crytek and he’s portuguese Tongue

Good shit
I never doubt your countrymen after incredible skills of Ronaldooooooooooooo7 Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 14 May 2017 01:13 PM

http://www.dualshockers.com/47-american-gamers-prefer-consoles-27-prefers-pc-26-prefers-mobile-nielsen/

Plus super cheap sales dont bring revenue from PC
200,000 on both PC and PS4 dont mean much when later is guaranteed 60$
and former gets sales promotion

So port the PC ver Smile

That’s only USA. China is bigger than USA now and PC and mobile is big there, not to mention other asian markets and Europe.

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/

You can’t say PC gaming doesn’t bring revenue when each day more games are being ported to PC. They are even bringing Vanquish!
But PC market is unpredictable, lots of random stuff take off like PlayerUnknown’s Battleground (or like Soccerdude said R6 Siege) due to streamers and whatever.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 14 May 2017 01:34 PM
wilco - 14 May 2017 01:25 PM

Id hired Tiago Sousa from Crytek and he’s portuguese Tongue

Good shit
I never doubt your countrymen after incredible skills of Ronaldooooooooooooo7 Tongue

Hey, we won the Eurovision song contest yesterday, anything is possible Foot in mouth

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 14 May 2017 01:37 PM

You can’t say PC gaming doesn’t bring revenue when each day more games are being ported to PC. They are even bringing Vanquish!

Doesnt bring no, it does bring just like mobile
Less than Consoles yes, on certain properties which were we discussing

Ofcourse nothing can beat garrysmod,CSgo or Minecraft etc
Like billion of revenues from mobile games

But for many many AAA singleplayer games PC is horseshit, you have to bite hard bullet and accept it Smile
Vanquish is not 60$ is it?
Was Bayo 60?

And for Bayo users Vanquish is cheaper, so yeah it can sell say 200,000 but not at 60$, reason why since early PS4 days, console sales beat PC sales

Read this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4ofqrz/psa_fallout_4_on_consoles_sold_a_fuck_ton_more/

I rest my case

Smile

And wait anxiously for Cyberpunk sales, will holla at you fam

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 14 May 2017 02:17 PM
wilco - 14 May 2017 01:37 PM

Doesnt bring no, it does bring just like mobile
Less than Consoles yes, on certain properties which were we discussing

Ofcourse nothing can beat garrysmod,CSgo or Minecraft etc
Like billion of revenues from mobile games

But for many many AAA singleplayer games PC is horseshit, you have to bite hard bullet and accept it Smile
Vanquish is not 60$ is it?
Was Bayo 60?

And for Bayo users Vanquish is cheaper, so yeah it can sell say 200,000 but not at 60$, reason why since early PS4 days, console sales beat PC sales

Read this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4ofqrz/psa_fallout_4_on_consoles_sold_a_fuck_ton_more/

I rest my case

Smile

And wait anxiously for Cyberpunk sales, will holla at you fam

I’m not saying sells more, just that it is an big part of the revenue. Even Witcher 3 probably sold more on consoles. But more console games are being ported to PC now. Square, Sega, etc. So I doubt they feel it’s horseshit. Doom did great for example.
Bayo and Vanquish are old, why would they be 60$ now? Nier has 300000 at fill price, not bad for a JRPG

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 14 May 2017 03:00 PM

I’m not saying sells more, just that it is an big part of the revenue. Even Witcher 3 probably sold more on consoles. But more console games are being ported to PC now. Square, Sega, etc. So I doubt they feel it’s horseshit. Doom did great for example.
Bayo and Vanquish are old, why would they be 60$ now? Nier has 300000 at fill price, not bad for a JRPG

I say get Prey on PC wilco
Wilco says i have Steelbook on ps4
I say , get DS on anything
Wilco says i have PC versions, but i have bought on PS4 so will play on that

I say PC sux
Wilco says PC rulz

I dont know what to say

Doom was slashed to 20
While you know why Nier sold , you know why Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hey, just because I don’t play games on PC now doesn’t mean I don’t know it’s advantages. Smile Plus I like shiny steelbook editions
But there’s only one system where you can play both Bayonetta and Nier Automata!

nomadsoul - 14 May 2017 03:59 PM

While you know why Nier sold , you know why Smile

Mods, that’s another win for PC Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 14 May 2017 04:34 PM

But there’s only one system where you can play both Bayonetta and Nier Automata!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236450445&postcount=860

v

Pirates, that’s another loss for PC Tongue

Fixed Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Well each has its strength and weakness. Number of titles (especially indie) on PC can’t be beat, and PC’s are backwards compatible in theory (although in practice lots of old games don’t work due different version of windows, 32 v 64 bit, incompatible graphics cards/drivers etc…). Overall, I would say a big chunk of the catalog is backwards compatible, especially with programs like scummvm and dosbox. Sales on PC Games will always beat consoles because of the smaller amount of royalty that Steam/GOG take versus Sony/MS.

On the flipside, PC’s can be a nightmare to tune for performance, and they are super pricey. You have windows woes, driver issues to contend with and all that BS. Consoles are way more convenient that you can just put in a game, and you expect the same result on every machine. In that aspect, it is easier for devs to tune for performance. The fact that they are not backwards compatible though means you have to keep like 10 machines to play legacy console games, which can get quite annoying in small one bedroom apartments.

So +ve’s and -ve’s nothing is just black and white Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 14 May 2017 06:19 PM

So +ve’s and -ve’s nothing is just black and white

It went off tangent to PC vs consoles and it ends like always
Though original point was whether AAA singleplayer is more fit for Consoles
Anyway
I think i have wasted 42$ on Gravityrush2, feels a chore albeit terrific art
Will drag through
I want to know if you have made progress on Attack on Titan and tell me whats the best
price point, i want to grab it but not at 60$like PC

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 14 May 2017 07:21 PM

I want to know if you have made progress on Attack on Titan and tell me whats the best
price point, i want to grab it but not at 60$like PC

I haven’t started yet Foot in mouth just so many games and so little time. I’ll try to play a little this week to let you know. By the way, I bought it on PSN on sale, so if you wait a little, it’ll probably go back on sale again.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

RapRabbit turns out to be KS, not sure what i expected but Parappa,Gitarooman and Ouendan guys all together is a dream team collaboration
They are also not overpromising and asking a million, one of those times where gamers thought , if only we had not given our money to conman Inafune

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/460689844/project-rap-rabbit-working-title

Lets see demand of Rythm games, in ideal world , Nintendo can fund them as exclusives as Ouendan replacement

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 15 May 2017 12:11 PM

RapRabbit turns out to be KS, not sure what i expected but Parappa,Gitarooman and Ouendan guys all together is a dream team collaboration
They are also not overpromising and asking a million, one of those times where gamers thought , if only we had not given our money to conman Inafune

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/460689844/project-rap-rabbit-working-title

Lets see demand of Rythm games, in ideal world , Nintendo can fund them as exclusives as Ouendan replacement

Backed and seems legit but like you said, Inafune may have tainted kickstarter so it will be hard to reach those numbers now. Could have benefited with a shout-out in Playstation E3 press conference

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn , John Cygan died suddenly he recently worked on BrokenAge but more importantly remembered as

RIP in peace

Edit

Another Dev down

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

nomadsoul - 02 May 2017 06:19 AM

My E3 Wishlist and predictions
- Empire, FC5, BGE and Splintercell

And Farcry5 announced
2 down

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread