• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 05 May 2017 11:12 AM

It looks good but Crash Bandicoot hype is nostalgia, the game has not aged well with with it’s corridor design and limited levels. It pales in comparison to Mario 64 and design of platformers from the PS2 era but it looked great for the PsOne and had a cool vibe so there’s good memories of it but it wasn’t very good.

It’s great for me though. I have played some of the original triloy back in them days, but never fully from start to finish. A more streamlined platformer for me to dip into sounds great because of limited time.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 05 May 2017 11:12 AM
nomadsoul - 05 May 2017 07:01 AM
SoccerDude28 - 04 May 2017 01:15 PM
nomadsoul - 03 May 2017 02:43 PM

Crash remastermake is what Laylee should have been

graphics looks nice but don’t you think the gameplay will be stale these days.

You mean platformers in general then
Because crash has some precise evade/spin/jump game design that made it hit at the first place, same for some fun JaknDex platforming…NDog nailed it in their games until later casul sticky platformers like UC

And nothing is stale these days, new old ideas all are making money sales, its all random when it comes to response

Playing Gravityrush2 recently and i find much more better and creative version of collectathon than Rare BK or Laylee

It looks good but Crash Bandicoot hype is nostalgia, the game has not aged well with with it’s corridor design and limited levels. It pales in comparison to Mario 64 and design of platformers from the PS2 era but it looked great for the PsOne and had a cool vibe so there’s good memories of it but it wasn’t very good.

wilco nailed it. It’s not that it wasn’t a platformer with tight controls when it came out, it just hasn’t aged well. Since Crash, we had a 3D Mario for every single Nintendo platform, and they were all great especially Super Mario Galaxy. We’ve had Jak and Daxter, Psychonauts, and many other 3D platformers that pushed the genre forward. I guess the closest example I can think of these days to these Playstation 1 platformers is Knack, and we all saw how that one was received.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Darksiders 3 gameplay reveal

JoeMad’s Soul : UE4 engine

Edit

Deadly premonition sequel makeover wtf without swery MGS survive joke the game announced

Starbreeze conference May 10

OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead, PAYDAY 2®, an introduction to the universe of System Shock 3®, Psychonauts 2, Dead by Daylight and a panel titled “Veterans of the Industry” featuring Warren Spector, Tim Schafer and Bo Andersson.

Yeah its E3 season

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 05 May 2017 01:33 PM

Looks more like a god of war. Anyone notice the new movement of having female leads in western-oriented action adventure games. First Aloy, then Chloe, and now this here. Not that I am complaining, it’s a very welcome and refreshing change Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 May 2017 07:39 PM

Looks more like a god of war. Anyone notice the new movement of having female leads in western-oriented action adventure games. First Aloy, then Chloe, and now this here. Not that I am complaining, it’s a very welcome and refreshing change Smile

This was inevitable since cast of four horseman was revealed earlier

However other games are playing with identity politics to cashin trend
Diversity is new shtick in town and forced females is part of it
However same mentality is only reserved to west
Druckmann said himself he has hidden agenda to include females in lead hence Drake gets beaten up by Nadine also that she is black
Also Ellie strong woman lead
Also now in lost legacy

Diversity was also the reason Ghost in the shell movie flopped
Also why Andromeda flopped

Same for Horizon, plenty of diversity cast…but Aloy is female done right and diversity makes sense in plot

Thats how you do the job

When it comes to Female leads in Japan, you have A2,2B,Kat,Raven and Bayonetta etc
Who shed more skin than anything
Unapologetic japan in other words

Some already are very very mad(on neogaf) at high heels of Fury in DS3 because its anti feminist and objectifies woman

I have no idea how though

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Prey: 3 hrs in

Level Design is complex af
metroidvania and halflife
Its a giant puzzle to navigate

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 06 May 2017 03:23 AM

This was inevitable since cast of four horseman was revealed earlier

However other games are playing with identity politics to cashin trend
Diversity is new shtick in town and forced females is part of it
However same mentality is only reserved to west
Druckmann said himself he has hidden agenda to include females in lead hence Drake gets beaten up by Nadine also that she is black
Also Ellie strong woman lead
Also now in lost legacy

Diversity was also the reason Ghost in the shell movie flopped
Also why Andromeda flopped

I have no problem with male or female lead, either way is good as long as it is natural and not forced. Both Last of Us and Horizon have great female leads, and in the case of Last of Us, it actually makes the game a lot better because Joel is seen as the father figure caring for Ellie like she was his daughter. It made the game much more emotional. I do have a problem though with the new SJW movement. I was really appalled with the whole Colin Moriarty incident for a harmless joke he said on twitter.

As far as Japan goes, my wife used to work in a Japanese company, and one of her Japanese female coworkers told her that girls in Japan do not mind the objectification of women in japanese games/animes etc… It’s part of their culture. It’s probably just a cultural rift between west and east, and us westerners trying to impose our values on japanese products. Although to be fair, some of these products are meant to be consumed by the west, so in that case, shouldn’t they be a little more sensitive to western culture and values?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 06 May 2017 01:59 PM

I have no problem with male or female lead, either way is good as long as it is natural and not forced. Both Last of Us and Horizon have great female leads, and in the case of Last of Us, it actually makes the game a lot better because Joel is seen as the father figure caring for Ellie like she was his daughter. It made the game much more emotional. I do have a problem though with the new SJW movemenert. I was really appalled with the whole Colin Moriarty incident for a harmless joke he said on twitter.

As far as Japan goes, my wife used to work in a Japanese company, and one of her Japanese female coworkers told her that girls in Japan do not mind the objectification of women in japanese games/animes etc… It’s part of their culture. It’s probably just a cultural rift between west and east, and us westerners trying to impose our values on japanese products. Although to be fair, some of these products are meant to be consumed by the west, so in that case, shouldn’t they be a little more sensitive to western culture and values?

Tlou was good use of Ellie until forced lesbian scene, it was UC4 when things got too much and Niel seems to be typical SJW pushing his neo liberal agenda and openly admitting too..hey here is Nadine quicktime you cant win because black and women empowerment and she is beating 2 guys, felt far too forced and political and unatural
Now i dont have issues with marketing standpoint, since AAAs need to sell and Devs want their characters relatable (like Black guy on box of Battlefield)
But I hate when motivation is purely political and agenda driven

Same goes for obnoxious levels of Lesbian sex scenes in TV shows(not that i mind them in as entertainment Tongue)...

In the case of Japan not only age of consent is 13, girls have no ego issues on revealing themselves
Majority opt for cosplays to JAVs as profession openly
Bayonetta got a flack for her skin shedding clothes and nudity, but the design was by Female Japanese concept artist
Kojima gets flack on one hand for Quiet nudity and booty reveals
On other hand there are plenty of girls in US cosplaying her and even males(like recently Oculus VR head Palmer did)

So in Japan its a non issue, also why auteurs like Yoko Taro can flex their creativity
Niel will make Ellie
Taro will make 2B and A2
GG will make Aloy
kamiya will order Bayonetta

In west there is a divide ,there is huge chunk that have no issues rest are SJWs
In west not all are against to women nudity
Roberta holmes posed nude on her own game cover
Same for cosplayers i know a plenty , who said to me they feel empowered and honored when someone praise their body
Then there is another segment like on Neogaffers hardcore gamers males taking offense on heels of Fury as sexist , then i wonder what kind of offense nudity can do

Women empowerment is about giving them freedom to express themselves in anyway they want

So i ask you, is there any uniform western culture…nope there is a divide??
And recent elections and identity politics has created a divide in west themselves and exposed it badly , that Colin case you mentioned was one example of it
Not only that, conservatives who never knew him jumped in to support him at patreon just to support their ideology

Thats how funny things are right now

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Deadly premonition sequel makeover wtf without swery MGS survive joke the game announced

Where did you read this?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Henke - 07 May 2017 04:01 AM

Where did you read this?

I think it’s the board game.
At least I don’t think there anything else announced… Is there, nomad?!? We need a sequel! (but with Swery)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 May 2017 04:57 AM
Henke - 07 May 2017 04:01 AM

Where did you read this?

I think it’s the board game.
At least I don’t think there anything else announced… Is there, nomad?!? We need a sequel! (but with Swery)

Swery has formed his own company Owlgames and working on new perverted crazy title

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-25-swerys-new-game-will-be-perverted-violent-and-crazy

Deadlypremonition new game is board game with swery’s minimal involvement

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

New farcry is western, not sure how they will stack up against RDR2

Prey has debuted with between 17K to maybe 25K sales in the UK, this why gaming is dead
14hrs in and a solid 10/10 for me, Sytemshock3 and more

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I don’t think that gaming per se is dead, I think it’s more like retail gaming is dead. I rarely buy a physical copy of a game anymore.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

From master director Shinji Mikami of Resident Evil fame, SEGA brings PlatinumGames’ revolutionary sci-fi action shooter to PC. Unlocked framerate, unlocked HD resolutions, extensive graphics options: the definitive way to play. War has accelerated.

Where the eff is my ps4 version

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 May 2017 11:26 AM

From master director Shinji Mikami of Resident Evil fame, SEGA brings PlatinumGames’ revolutionary sci-fi action shooter to PC. Unlocked framerate, unlocked HD resolutions, extensive graphics options: the definitive way to play. War has accelerated.

Where the eff is my ps4 version

Great! Never played this one

Also want Madworld but don’t know if it’s possible without the Wii controls

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top