• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckychrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 10 February 2015 08:10 PM

In other news,

PeterMolyneux pulled KS scam.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/10/22cans-confirm-godus-team-shrinkage-admit-mistakes/

No surprises there. Molyneux has a very long history of not delivering what he promised.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

TimovieMan - 11 February 2015 06:26 AM
nomadsoul - 10 February 2015 08:10 PM

In other news,

PeterMolyneux pulled KS scam.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/10/22cans-confirm-godus-team-shrinkage-admit-mistakes/

No surprises there. Molyneux has a very long history of not delivering what he promised.

One of my teachers in college worked for Lionhead back when they were making Fable 1. Can’t say everything he said, but it’s safe to say Molyneux was a nightmare to work for.

Most ideas wouldn’t leave the concept stage unless they were going to be used. Not with Molyneux though. My teacher lost count how many silly ideas they modelled, animated and coded only for Molyneux to change his mind and start wanting something equally as dumb put in the game.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

On a brighter note though, http://www.playtonicgames.com

Former Rare employees make a new indie studio and plan to make games similar to those like Banjo kazooie, Donkey kong etc.

The child in me just let out a “yaay!” Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 11 February 2015 08:25 AM

Former Rare employees make a new indie studio and plan to make games similar to those like Banjo kazooie, Donkey kong etc.

Bag in DavidWise Music and we are all set.

What baffles me is that he actually made good games back in the day.
Syndicate to Dungeonkeeper.

And all that experience was for nothing, wonder why people still backed him after his
recent hyperbolic personality.

Edit:

Looks like its gotten worse for him, another scam. lol

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-11-the-god-who-peter-molyneux-forgot

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 11 February 2015 09:15 AM

What baffles me is that he actually made good games back in the day.
Syndicate to Dungeonkeeper.

And all that experience was for nothing, wonder why people still backed him after his
recent hyperbolic personality.

Edit:

Looks like its gotten worse for him, another scam. lol

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-11-the-god-who-peter-molyneux-forgot

Amazing… I just assume there were other people at Bullfrog that made the decisions and games… Black and White was the beginning of the end.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m not sure what happened with Molyneux. Maybe it’s a case of know one being around to tell him when to stop or something. Despite not being the game he claimed I actually liked Fable mind. Fable 1 was good, 2 the story was too short and 3 was just a micro transaction mess that I’ll never even think of playing again.

Might just be me, but I like the style of Lionhead and Rare’s games. It’s sort like a more detailed cartoon look that is instantly recognisable with the studios.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wow leave it for Molyneux to create more controversy. I gave up on anything he says since the whole Fable debacle. And remember Milo? https://www.ted.com/talks/peter_molyneux_demos_milo_the_virtual_boy

This guy talks about delivering a planet-sized project, and always ends up delivering a pebble.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 February 2015 01:53 PM

This guy talks about delivering a planet-sized project, and always ends up delivering a pebble.

Exactly!

Although, to be fair, this only started with Lionhead. He was Tim Schafer-awesome in the 90s…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 11 February 2015 07:36 PM

Exactly!

Although, to be fair, this only started with Lionhead. He was Tim Schafer-awesome in the 90s…

Yeah definitely. Dungeon Keeper and Syndicate are two of my favorite games ever. We are talking post Lionhead Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 February 2015 07:54 PM
TimovieMan - 11 February 2015 07:36 PM

Exactly!

Yeah definitely. Dungeon Keeper and Syndicate are two of my favorite games ever. We are talking post Lionhead Smile

He had good ideas, but maybe as Tad put it, he loved making prototypes and cancelling them.

I had great urge to play cancelled game(B.C) back then,

luckily there is one indie game and Wild, which are close to this and even better, coming in the near future.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

nomadsoul - 11 February 2015 09:15 AM

And David is in the house Grin

Scans show game like Rayman, 2D…anyway Dreamteam is there , hope they stupefy us like
the old times.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Order is stellar, art direction and Tech is way above and beyond anything on market, what Carmack and Crytek dreamed of and failed. Painstaking detail on props, each small object is CG. The only drawbacks are no reflection in water and mirrors, and some glasses are non
interactive to bullets, don’t break.

Gameplay is marriage of HeavyRain and Kill.Switch/Gears of War with seamless transitions and heavy emphasis on the story, which is beast on its own.
Shooting is visceral like Mikami games and arcadey.
QTEs are better handled than Cage’s or TTGs, esp in combat scenes.
Loving characters and world so far ( Victorian,steampunk with lycans ).

UC series, god of war already dethroned, for me.
(Soundeffects were better in Last of us though).

All the negatives singled out only because other elements are optimized to perfection.
People’s opinion will get divisive on agency issues, but its cinematic game with story as center point. I paid 70$ for early copy, and just after 5 chapters , its worth it.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 18 February 2015 09:27 PM

Order is stellar, art direction and Tech is way above and beyond anything on market, what Carmack and Crytek dreamed of and failed. Painstaking detail on props, each small object is CG. The only drawbacks are no reflection in water and mirrors, and some glasses are non
interactive to bullets, don’t break.

Gameplay is marriage of HeavyRain and Kill.Switch/Gears of War with seamless transitions and heavy emphasis on the story, which is beast on its own.
Shooting is visceral like Mikami games and arcadey.
QTEs are better handled than Cage’s or TTGs, esp in combat scenes.
Loving characters and world so far ( Victorian,steampunk with lycans ).

UC series, god of war already dethroned, for me.
(Soundeffects were better in Last of us though).

All the negatives singled out only because other elements are optimized to perfection.
People’s opinion will get divisive on agency issues, but its cinematic game with story as center point. I paid 70$ for early copy, and just after 5 chapters , its worth it.

The biggest complaint from what I heard is the short length of the game. I personally have no problem with short games (and kinda prefer them to long games due to not having enough free time), but there seems to be a lot of people up in arms about it. What do you think of the game’s length?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 18 February 2015 11:36 PM

The biggest complaint from what I heard is the short length of the game. I personally have no problem with short games (and kinda prefer them to long games due to not having enough free time), but there seems to be a lot of people up in arms about it. What do you think of the game’s length?

Took my time inspecting every object, since details on small props is mouthwatering,
with cutscenes and all just started chapter 11 in 7 hrs (on normal).
I read there are 16 chapters.
Cutscenes are long, but the presentation and execution here is top of AAA games already flooding the market and Hollywood. So i dont’t mind the length considering the
quality and the fact thats its one of its kind.

It doesn’t matter whether you rent it, buy it at 60$ or discount, what matters is that its absolute must play. I am expecting 70 to 80 metacrtic.
Weapons/guns are best in any recent shooter (not just detail,variety,feedback/recoil), gunplay is better than UC.

QTEs, length, and cutscenes length will continue as point of debate , IMO.
But again the quality here is something that people ,like Kojima or Naughtydog, Rockstar
can only dream for. I am eager to see if upcoming exclusives and AAA studios would be able to top this. And if they can , then we are in for a treat.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wowzers, reviews haven’t been very kind
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-order-1886/critic-reviews

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top