• Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 12 October 2014

Total Posts: 5817

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

When J.U.L.I.A. was released in 2012, I was sure this was not my type of game. Player comments were mostly negative too, although the AG reviewer gave it four stars. And then the developers did a remake, which I bought on an impulse last week: J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars (2014). I finished it this morning and had a very good time with it. Even found an easter egg. Smile

I love games with open worlds where you can explore a different planet or spacestations when you get stuck. The story grabbed me, especially in the first part of the game. To my own suprise, I liked most puzzles and only used a walkthrough for the “pipe connecting” ones I find tedious because I’m not good at it.

I did another quick round of reviews just now and some of the negative comments made me laugh. One reviewer called the graphics “basic”. Huh? Eyecandy!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Karlok - 12 October 2014 06:58 AM

and only used a walkthrough for the “pipe connecting” ones I find tedious because I’m not good at it.

Dude what’s wrong with you? Pipe connecting puzzles are only second on the “awesomeness” scale to mazes!

I liked the original JULIA but not enough to buy the 2nd and 3rd remakes. Or is this the 4th? I’ve lost track. I do wonder if they’ll ever get around to making a new game or just keep remaking JULIA.

Total Posts: 5817

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Zifnab - 12 October 2014 07:14 AM

Dude what’s wrong with you? Pipe connecting puzzles are only second on the “awesomeness” scale to mazes!

No way! Second place is reserved for SLIDERS.  Sick

Total Posts: 3204

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I love mazes.

Then again I’m a weird person, I love Miro and Munch too.

The human race is doomed to progress.
Tony Clifton

Total Posts: 4979

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

J.U.L.I.A is still sitting in my pile of games to play - I really must get around to it.

I hate mazes!, pipe-connecting puzzles I don’t mind but I do love a good slider!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top