• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 10 October 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

In Scavenger Hunter (2006) the Scavengers are an alien race who have built 9 worlds, & stolen objects from earth to place in them. Your goal, working for an insurance company, is to recover them for a price & that’s about it as far as the story goes!  It’s very much an exploration & puzzle focused adventure in which you can only access 5 worlds in any one game so you need to play it at least a few times more to find them all. I was fascinated the 1st few times I played it as the puzzles & objects you need to find vary on revisiting worlds, but alas it started to become tedious so I never found the world the screenshot above represents!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Five years ago I had a great time torturing the guessers with this game (while writing haiku!).
It took them a couple of weeks to guess it.
Finally, I had to write a mini-review.

P.S. The creators of the game boasted about their randomizer and claimed that you could play Scavanger Hunter for over 3 000 times without facing the same set of puzzles twice.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 10 October 2014 09:29 AM

Five years ago I had a great time torturing the guessers with this game (while writing haiku!).
It took them a couple of weeks to guess it.

I’m glad you had a great time! Laughing

P.S. I suspect you’re still torturing guessers.

Finally, I had to write a mini-review.

Google translate wasn’t that good but I think I picked up enough to agree with most of what you said (I think?)

P.S. The creators of the game boasted about their randomizer and claimed that you could play Scavanger Hunter for over 3 000 times without facing the same set of puzzles twice.

That may be true in the respect of actual combinations of puzzles over the 5 worlds you visit each time but it does come back to a lot of repetitiveness within those combinations. But I did think it was a cleverly designed game for a small independent studio.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

How are puzzles the randomized? The location of the objects? Is it the same puzzle with different objects?

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Read on.

chrissie - 10 October 2014 10:04 AM

I suspect you’re still torturing guessers.

Sure, but in a different way: now I don’t post new pictures for guessing.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ok, got it, the puzzles are always variations of hidden object, what changes is what to search and where.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top