• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dog Mendonça and Pizzaboy

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New adventure game kickstarter to finish the game. Looks very good.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz

Put yourself in the shoes of Eurico, an ex-pizza delivery guy and the unpaid apprentice of legendary occult detective Dog Mendonça. Find your way through the mysteries of the supernatural underworld in this Point n’ Click ADVENTURE GAME!!

Based on comicbook (a very fun read)
http://www.dog-pizzaboy.com/

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

It does look excellent. Slow start to the campaign. But hopefully a small 30k target will see it scrape over the line.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Tim Schafer (or his gallbladder, currently named “Blad the Impaler”) also endorsed this game on Twitter.
here and
here

(Edit): Damnit, I forgot to check the early bird tier yesterday when I checked it just a bit after launch. Might’ve been able to get it. Well, I have this on reminder now, the 15$ for full game and digital copy of the book is very reasonable.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

When I saw some screenshots of this a while back, I got very excited, absolutely love the art-style, but the “shoot stuff” and “fight your way out of trouble” parts in the trailer really turns me off. I hope these are skip-able mini-games, if not, I might give this one a miss.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I first saw information about this game in the Gamescom 2014 article. (Scroll down a bit to see the game description.) It looks refreshingly different. I just backed it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

This Kickstarter could use more love.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I agree, not a very good first couple a days, don’t know why, maybe not enough press on other sites.
The game seems to be with solid work already done so the release date for May 2015 will probably be real if the funding is met.
Another cool gif:

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2010-09-19

PM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz

A really promising Kickstarter project which seems to be inspired by the Lucas classics, as well as noir/horror movies (like American Werewolf in London) and Indiana Jones (there are references to Nazi occultism and the Vatican).

It is based on a cult Portuguese comic, and the storyline is set in Lisbon. It involves a werewolf private detective, his demon assistant (in a little girl’s form), a talking gargoyle head and a young pizza boy solving all sorts of mysteries. The plot premise is this:

In ages past, Lisbon was the stage of great power struggles, a powerful capital and a strategic point that separated the Old Continent from the vast ocean that lead into the New World. Nowadays things haven’t changed that much. What looks like a normal city extends its webs of mystery like an iceberg, deep beneath its surface. For the supernatural beings of this planet, Lisbon is the new Casablanca, a terrain that belongs to no one, where the hidden politics of an unseen world are at play and normal folks stress to build a life among all the forces in conflict. It is an asylum for the disenfranchised hordes of vampires, goblins and other such creatures but, like any other place like it, it’s also harrased by the interest of different political agendas, secret societies and organized crime. In Lisbon, every shadow has eyes and every eye is witness to a new mystery.

They also released a playable demo, which looks very LucasArts-ish:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz/posts/1024079

There are 5 days left on the Kickstarter, I really hope it gets off the ground.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I was going to hold off on this, just because I’m still waiting on so many Kickstarters, but it looks like they need the help, so what the hell. I’m in.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

3 days to go, still a lot to cover, might be possible with the right coverage. Hope they make it.

More people should try the demo, one of the most polished kickstarters I’ve seen.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yes, it’s a very polished kickstarter, the demo is great, the budget is very reasonable. I’m surprised they’re having this much trouble getting funds. I guess people are really not funding on kickstarter anymore. It’s a pity because I love the concept.

I’ve pledged and I really hope they make it but seems hard.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

my game hung up at the beginning. I went into the basement and when I came upstairs, I couldn’t move. I tried everything. This doesn’t have voice either, right? Unless I clicked on the wrong thing, it was all just reading.  My grandkids don’t like to read. but, the looks of the game are great…. from what little I saw.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

mbday630 - 03 November 2014 06:04 PM

my game hung up at the beginning. I went into the basement and when I came upstairs, I couldn’t move. I tried everything. This doesn’t have voice either, right? Unless I clicked on the wrong thing, it was all just reading.  My grandkids don’t like to read. but, the looks of the game are great…. from what little I saw.

The demo only has voices in the intro.
You probably hit a bug, the demo is quite large, 4 rooms to explore, varied puzzles, lots of dialogue.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I really don’t get why this campaign isn’t going well… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I had completely missed this and only noticed it because the developers randomly followed me on my newly formed Twitter account. It looks awesome though and I instantly backed it!

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

giom - 03 November 2014 04:37 PM

Yes, it’s a very polished kickstarter, the demo is great, the budget is very reasonable. I’m surprised they’re having this much trouble getting funds. I guess people are really not funding on kickstarter anymore. It’s a pity because I love the concept.

I’ve pledged and I really hope they make it but seems hard.

Agustín Cordes wrote his thoughts on Kickstarter not exactly being the haven for developers in his last update on their H. P. Lovecraft campaign. I’ve heard people say that they failed because they where simply after too much money but, as the OKAM chaps (and indeed ourselves!) are finding setting a lower target doesn’t guarantee success.

It’s super hard to get the press behind a Kickstarter these days but when they do it seems to be enough to get over the line. I know that OKAM have had a few articles on some big sites and have a few high profile adventurers tweeting about their campaign quite often. Hopefully this will keep up for them and they’ll see a surge in the last 48 hours, I’m sure loads of folks will up their pledges (I did earlier today and would happily up it again if needs be), it’d be a real shame if such a beautiful adventure game with so much promise didn’t get funded.

It’s so difficult to get the money to make these kind of games from anywhere else (we know, we’ve been turned away by a load of publishers with Her Majesty’s SPIFFING, I thought this was just a cliché that people said on crowd funding websites but it is totally true!). I totally understand how people may be feeling a little burned out by Kickstarter now but I hope, for these guy’s sakes, folks come out and support them in the end. They seem super genuine and I totally understand what they’re going through.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top