• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 08 October 2014

Total Posts: 5481

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I tried to find more reviews and opinions of people who finished yesterday’s AGSotD, Alt-Minds, and discovered that Lexis Numérique hasn’t been around for some time. Very sad, it came as a shock to me that this innovative company didn’t make it. Frown Last I heard they were doing a Kickstarter for Taxi Journey, which was unfortunately unsuccesful.

So today’s AGSotD is an hommage to Lexis Numérique. Evidence: The Last Ritual (2006), the sequel to Missing/In Memoriam.

Heart  Heart Eyes Angry  Cry  Embarassed  Smile - Florence

Total Posts: 2830

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

What a beautiful screenshot…
(notes it for desctop background)

Total Posts: 7620

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, seeing as how some regulars weren’t even aware of Alt-Minds’ existence, maybe that was a massive flop for Lexis Numérique???

I’d love to see them return, though. The least you can say about them is that they’re innovative!

Now playing: Blade Runner (post-CPT) | The Witcher: Enhance Edition (on hold) | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on hold) | Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
Recently finished: Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5 | Beneath a Steel Sky (CPT) - 3/5 | 3 in Three - 3.5/5 | Puzzle Gallery: At the Carnival - 2.5/5 | The Fool’s Errand (replay) - 3.5/5 | The Dig (replay) - 4.5/5 | Return of the Obra Dinn (CPT) - 4/5 | Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - 3.5/5 | League of Light: The Game (CCPT) - 3/5 | realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - 2.5/5 | Contradiction - 3/5 | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - 2/5 | The Last Express - 3.5/5 | South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 4/5 | Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (replay, CPT) - 5/5

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 08 October 2014 06:59 AM

Well, seeing as how some regulars weren’t even aware of Alt-Minds’ existence, maybe that was a massive flop for Lexis Numérique???

I guess so. Found a German site with very positive reviews by participants who finished Alt-Minds and worked together on puzzles that required collaboration. But there were not even ten German players left by the end. Playing three hours a day, every single day for eight weeks, is not something most people are willing to do.

BTW, Lexis Numérique had announced Alt-Minds transmedia experience would be repeated later in 2013, but that never happened afaik.

Total Posts: 4584

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 08 October 2014 06:35 AM

So today’s AGSotD is an hommage to Lexis Numérique. Evidence: The Last Ritual (2006), the sequel to Missing/In Memoriam.

I never played the game as I was completely put off by In Memoriam - I had a few technical difficulties & after a lot of trouble managed to get connected to the websites necessary but alas! on starting the game (as I remember) played for about 2 hours trying, unsuccessfully, to do these awful puzzles before I quit. I bought the game because I thought the whole concept was interesting & wish I could have got over the initial puzzles but….. is the sequel any better?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The sequel is more or less the same. Internet-based puzzles, but also lots of stand-alone puzzles.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The problem with In Memoriam was always walkthroughs showing up in internet searchs, I guess Alt-Minds solved that with the real-time aspect. Too bad it didn’t work in the end except for the fez dedicated people.

Total Posts: 1014

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Tried playing one of their first games, but the linking sites were dead by then, making it impossible to play. But I got Experience112 at the time, and it was a truly unique, even groundbreaking experience that was ignored by many.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!