• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 05 October 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

How sweet… a doting husband with a breakfast tray for his beautiful wife? Not really. She’s a domineering private nurse and the guy waiting on her is her employer and the master of the house in Tender Loving Care (1998). An interactive movie filled to the brim with tender loving care. Smile

TLC is split-up in different scenes. After each scene psychiatrist John Hurt appears and you have to take a psychological test and answer questions about the main characters and about what you think is going on. Your answers will influence the next scene and the ending. You also have the opportunity to explore the house, find background stuff to read and watch.

I played TLC twice and did notice changes the second time. Like the master of the house walking in the garden and looking at the nurse behind a window on the second floor. The first time she was fully dressed, the second time we got a glimpse of her naked breasts. The ending was totally different too.

I found the whole thing highly entertaining, although the story is kind of idiotic and the acting mediocre at best. With the exception of John Hurt, who is of course a cut above the rest. The questions were fun too, but there were way too many of them. Most of them about sex, death, fear, and aggression. A few not too intimate examples:

If a rocket ship landed in my backyard, I would: a) Call the FBI b) Get my gun c) Hide in the basement d) Offer myself to the aliens.

I have never been afraid of something dead coming back to life and coming to get me. Yes/No

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Ooops, I found some spoilers ahead (yes, my definition of spoiling/spoilers differs from average player’s definition) and stopped reading.

I’ll just say that TLC is one of those games that makes me think “How come I didn’t play it already? I’ll do it right now!” each and every time it’s mentioned. Yet somehow I failed to play it by now.
I’ll start it immediately this time!
(Or maybe not, I’m too wishy-washy… *sigh*)

Karlok - 05 October 2014 06:45 AM

the story is kind of idiotic and the acting mediocre at best.

Who needs a story/acting with broads like that thrown in?
Exactly the kind of ladies I need for my future masterpiece.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

EDIT: Sorry, on second thoughts second pic deleted. It might be okay for AG, but I’d rather not violate imgur’s rules.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Ooooh… God, I love AG’s.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It does seem like a game I would enjoy playing! Will it play on Win 7?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I got the iOS version to try it out. Not really sure what I’m getting myself into but it’s a been a long time since I played a cheesy FMV adventure game.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 05 October 2014 06:45 AM

After each scene psychiatrist John Hurt appears and you have to take a psychological test and answer questions about the main characters and about what you think is going on.

So kind of the reverse of his part in the 1984 movie? Maybe that’s why he wanted to be in it. Does he happen to ask what is 2+2?

Great actor anyway, so I would readily play this regardless of the rest of the game’s quality.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Yay, finally have an excuse to post this: I think TLC was the inspiration for Gone Home.

You, the player, have to search through a house uncovering clues to determine what the hell went on between the people in this abode. There’s no conventional gameplay outside of that. It deals with themes of sexuality, hinting at adultery and lesbianism, and it’s even set in Portland!

Landeros should sue or something. Also, the iOS version is censored in case you were that curious.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chrissie, I have no idea if it will play on win7. I don’t have the game anymore, got the pics from youtube.

thejobloshow - 05 October 2014 09:48 PM

You, the player, have to search through a house uncovering clues to determine what the hell went on between the people in this abode. There’s no conventional gameplay outside of that. It deals with themes of sexuality, hinting at adultery and lesbianism, and it’s even set in Portland!

Outright adultery in both my playthroughs and more than a few hints of other sexual stuff in the past.  Cool What would the TLC story be without it? Nothing.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The world is filled with weird adventures I never heard of. This looks really great too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top