• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

i am creating a Loom comic book

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-10-02

PM

hello everyone! just found this forum. figured yall might wanna see what im working on.

Loom is my favorite adventure game ever! i’ve played everything from zork to dreamfall.

let me say first of all, this is my first comic book. it is not intended for commercial use, i dont care if you repost or share or whatever. the art is not perfect. i can do better art, but my focus for this is on speed, effective storytelling, and learning how to create comic books. if i took the time to make it perfect, it would take me so many years, cause at a rough estimate, this could end up being 300+ pages. roughly 2.5 hours of gameplay, im averaging about 3 pages per minute of gameplay so far, so the math says its gonna be a long project. i complete about 1 or 2 pages per day. might take me 6 months. maybe even longer, i have no idea at this point. 25 pages in now, and tonight im working on the swan breaking thru the glass in the sanctuary.

i am doing the fm-towns version. i play the game in scummvm, and take screenshots constantly for my reference material.

questions, comments, advice, anything is appreciated.

also, can anyone post a screenshot of bobbin’s face from the game? i will definitely be including that moment.

websites with oddities/lore/info such as ATMachine’s house of lucasarts page would be appreciated as well.

thank you everyone! nice to be here! my name is Jay. and here is the work i’ve completed so far:

https://picasaweb.google.com/dyingcamel/Loom

(hit the magnifying glass icon above the pics if you need to zoom in to read it)
oh and sorry for the sorta blurry photos. cant really scan it very well since im leaving it in the sketch book (for now).

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Hey, good work doing that. It’s quite fun looking at the pages :-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top