• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[WIP] Zak McKracken goes looking for Hot Coffee (in several wrong places)

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-09-26

PM

Welcome to the [WIP] thread of Zak McKracken goes looking for Hot Coffee (in several wrong places).

Let me start with the download link and some screenshots.

Download link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!zMcyQJbA!hLn5FbRFztVm86xx-m5N_oUX7Lr_AEYVTQC2eitgV9E

Please note that this is far from anything finished, it’s rather an elaborate tech demo. This is the result of me learning to script in the Visionaire Engine. I have been heavily involved in the Zak McKracken: Between Time and Space from 2005 to 2008 working on animations for this Zak McKracken fan-sequel. A German version was released in 2008. A directors cut including an English translation is soon to be released. More on my work on this project can be found here.

As I started getting into the engine, this test project of mine, using assets from the coming DirectorsCut, started to grow from just a single game screen to several scenes and a scripted intro and a homage to the dream sequence in the original Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

This thing kind of took a life of it’s own and I started playing with the thought of making a prequel to the fan game we released. But now I’m facing a few problems:

* I know my way around Flash and very little of Fireworks but I can’t really create graphics from scratch. I need some artist to help me with that.
* While I have a story outline in my head, I’m not a writer and not a native English speaker. Someone who can help develop the story and write dialogues and item comments would be of great help.

This is as far as I could make it on my own, I have the intro to the game up and running, I have all the locations (for which I had graphics available) I want to use done, I got the load/save system up and running and I tried to get rid of every bug I could find.

This is what I would like to add to a final game:

* A few new locations, appr. 4 - 5 screens, but this is depending on where the story goes.
*1 or 2 characters to interact with.
* Voice acting, at least for the intro sequence.

I made this thread for 2 reasons, to get some general feedback and maybe find some people with spare time that might be interested in helping me out with this. Keep in mind this is all unpaid work, no money to be made.

But let’s start with that feedback part…

Your goal here is to get to Mexico. But be warned, some of the puzzles for the airplane sequence are a bit on the hard side.

TL;DR: I made this tech demo for a point and click adventure game. Check it out and let me know what you think. And if you have the talent and time you might consider helping me getting this made in to a full game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top