• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkKeybordzNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 18 September 2014

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s Fringe Day!

I played Stranded (2014) yesterday.  Finished it in twenty minutes. Doesn’t happen often, but I felt cheated. I thought I must have missed something and was curious what other people had to say about it. Well, they too wondered if they’d missed something. Checked AG, Stranded is in the database, but I get the Page Not Found message. So here’s my minireview of a minigame.

Graphics:  Good if you like them pixelated
Plot: None
Writing and dialogue: None
Atmosphere: Good
Music: Good but repetitive
Gameplay: Lousy. Just walking very slowly… change from day to night…more walking…
Puzzles: None
Interaction: None
Game length: 20 minutes
Price: Seven dollars/euros. Eight if you buy it from the developer.
Replay value: None

My recommendation to people who are willing to spend 5 bucks on a twenty-minute game: Play the innovative and fascinating game Thirty Flights of Loving instead.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I love the art style, but it’s a shame that the game doesn’t offer anything beyond that.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I found the AG review in the section Features. (The search function is useless for Stranded.) http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/26726

Interesting read. Needless to say I don’t agree with the reviewer at all. Spiritual quest? Pfff.

Kasper, it does have a sort of ending with a cut scene. Just visit locations and the end will come all by itself.

PS: The AG review shows 7 screenshots. The game consists of 16 different screens. Just saying…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

By the sound of it the game would be a better fit as a 2 dollar download rather than 7. At that price I’m not going to just say “whatever” and throw my money at a 20 minute experience that might not catch my interest at all.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top