• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 17 September 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I wanted to post about Journey of a Roach (2013) in the overrated/underrated thread, but decided against it. For a game to be perceived as underrated it has to exist in people’s minds. I think Advie and I are the only regulars who’ve ever mentioned on the forums. Cry

AG gave it four stars. I would too. It’s a very nice indie puzzle game with no real plot. Just two roaches trying to find their way out an underground world. I liked the novelty of tilting floors and ceilings, which makes puzzles more interesting and for me also more difficult. The speech bubbles tell you more or less what the protagonist and other characters want from you.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Every time I see that title, I think of Bad Mojo, while it’s as far from that as you can possibly get… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So you have played both games? What did you think of Journey of a Roach?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t know why but the screenshot makes me think of Valiant Hearts. Must be the speech-bubbles and the side-scrolling, but it’s not like those are unheard of in adventure games.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 17 September 2014 08:35 AM

I don’t know why but the screenshot makes me think of Valiant Hearts. Must be the speech-bubbles and the side-scrolling, but it’s not like those are unheard of in adventure games.

Valiant Hearts is pure sidescrolling, Journey of a Roach is not.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 17 September 2014 08:02 AM

So you have played both games? What did you think of Journey of a Roach?

Why do you always assume I have played everything? Wink
I’m basing this on what I’ve played of Bad Mojo and what I’ve seen and read of Journey of a Roach. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karloff, are they speaking strictly in speech bubbles, or is there a voice acting as well? (yes, I’m too lazy to look it up in the review - in an ideal world, everything you’d want to know about the game, you’ll learn from AGSOTDs. There will be no need for reviews no more)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 17 September 2014 11:41 AM

Why do you always assume I have played everything? Wink

I assumed you’d played them because you’re right about the two roach games. Smile

diego - 17 September 2014 12:15 PM

Karloff, are they speaking strictly in speech bubbles, or is there a voice acting as well? (yes, I’m too lazy to look it up in the review - in an ideal world, everything you’d want to know about the game, you’ll learn from AGSOTDs. There will be no need for reviews no more)

No speech, but the creatures do make sounds.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Can the game be compared to Machinarium playwise?
Because that’s what the “bubbles” and “no actual story” remind me. Not a bad thing either.

P.S. See Karlok? I haven’t played it!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 17 September 2014 03:37 PM

Can the game be compared to Machinarium playwise?

I suppose so, yes.

P.S. See Karlok? I haven’t played it!

And now you’re going to…?  Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top