• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyEstherLoft

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Day One: a new crowdfunding project from Pendulo Studios

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I think for a large budget like this Pendulo should both had used Kickstarter and instead gone after getting funding for a sequel to one of their already established brands instead of something brand new.

Unlike Tim Schafer Pendulo Studios just doesn’t have the same pull, so they should have focused on something that would draw people in rather than something brand new.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

jhetfield21 - 13 September 2012 12:12 PM

received a mail from game lab earlier saying that the game did not get funded and that for us backers they would allow us to download a Pendulo game for free(provided a promotion code).downloaded Yesterday as I had it in Steam so a drm-free version was very tempting.not to mention i had all others in hard copies so it was the only choice.

It’s a nice offer (I got it too), but what makes you say it’s DRM-free?  As I understand it, Gamesplanet imposes online (and limited) activations.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

hmm maybe i spoke a bit early Tongue…apologies.

looking through this site,generally this:Install & Activate your game online as often as you need.

but in the FAQ:
-Do you use DRM technology like SecuROM and that kind of stuff?

Yes, some games on this site have DRM (Digital Rights Management) software like SecuROM included as an anti-piracy measure. This is done at the request of the game’s publisher. When a game has a DRM then it will have a limit of ‘initial activations’ (normally 5), you can ask for more from our customer support team. There are even some games on this site that are DRM-free. When a game is DRM-free, you’ll see it in the game’s description.

They can’t remove DRM if the publisher requests it present.

So I looked in the game’s description and no mention of being DRM-Free so it seems it requires activations any time you install it on a different pc.

But there’s a grey area.First off it’s a bit better than having to rely on Steam too.And second the site’s policy on bought games is:

-How many of these ‘activations’ do I get?

On most games, you get 5 ‘Initial Activations’ that are reset to 5 usable ones, every so often. If you ever run out, then you can get more by contacting our support team. Our principle is, ‘If you bought a game from us, then you should always be able to activate it for your own use’.

-If I uninstall the game and reinstall it later, will that use an activation?

No, only installations on different PCs will use an activation. You can uninstall and reinstall on the same PC as many times as you want.

-What happens when I use all my game licence activations and I want to play my game?

Not a problem, just send a mail to our support team with your order number, and say that you ran out. They will check when you used your last activations (to root out fraudulent use), and send you more. Our principle is ‘If you bought a game, then you should always be able to activate it for your own use’.

So basically it relies on net activation but is quite tolerable.

PS:seems like gameplanet is connected with the AdventureShop database.when i went to my profile to navigate to Yesterday’s page quicker I also saw entries for games i’d bought in AdventureShop.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

That’s all pretty standard policy for most download portals.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a place that doesn’t offer additional activations if you (reasonably) run out and ask for more. 

Doesn’t matter to me either way, but figured it should be clarified for those concerned about such things.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

The only games download portal that I know never uses DRM is GOG.com, but other than that I think all the others use it to some extent.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Hmm, I never got that email…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i pledged for 25euro…maybe that’s relevant?otherwise just wait for it…sometimes the list is so big the script sending is really slow.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Maybe… I pledged $100. I’m wondering if it went out in my junk mail filter…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

probably…otherwise it’s just delayed.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I kind of feel bad about how this turned out. Not to the point where I regret not pledging, since I’ve only played Runaway 1 and 2 and didn’t care for them, but still… I mean, a decade ago, when the genre was struggling and the big designers of old had forsaken it to make golf sims, a platformer, Minesweeper Gold or Sokoban Gold, Pendulo were among the few who tried to hold the fort and make ambitious 3rd-person point-and-click adventures. And many people were glad they did. But now that the Great Old Ones have returned, Pendulo get discarded without so much as a thank you. Even though I didn’t like those of their games that I played, this feels harsh to me. Meh

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

me too it’s always bad to learn that a project could not be released,moreso when you know why and you could see what happened.

one of the reasons i defended Revo during this whole BASS2 affair was that in the end it’s beneficial for the studio.i don’t really care for kickstarter and it’s rules when i know that by pledging i’m helping the studio as much as the project.

and if feels really sad when people pledged on other projects even when they hadn’t played the games or they weren’t as much fans of theirs as was the norm to pledge..they just did it to support the genre.well pendulo is part of the same genre but it only got 900 people and some change to pledge.pretty pathetic result(pathetic is a strong word i know but it’s directed to the outcome more than the game or the devs and if it worth releasing).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top