• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Day One: a new crowdfunding project from Pendulo Studios

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-09-27

PM

Actually, you don’t have to register at Ulele, you may login via Facebook.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-09-27

PM

Update #1: they’ve started writing the backers’ names on the office walls! Also, some backers’ avatars and banners Wink

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2011-02-12

PM

I read they didn’t want to go with Kickstarter because they wanted to be able to give all information in more than one language, while Kickstarter only works in English.
Makes sense if Pendulo is especially popular in France and Germany.

I already signed as a backer. I really enjoyed Yesterday and my only complain is that it was too short, but they also say it was because their budgets get smaller game by game.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I am currently playing Yesterday and pretty much loving it. I guess I will have to back yet another project.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

I recently played Yesterday too, and pretty much loved it. I have also loved most of their earlier work, so I’m in on this one!  Money Mouth

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 July 2012 02:02 PM

Kind of bizarre an established studio of Pendulos magnitude would go out and try crowdfunding. I guess that means The Next BIG Thing wasn’t that big a thing?

In their game Yesterday you can pick up a toy of one of the characters from The next Big Thing, and the character says something like “It’s a toy from one of those games that comes and goes and no one cares about”... So I suppose the developer kinda hinted that it didn’t go too well, unluckily. Tongue

I am rubber, you are glue

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Thorn - 03 August 2012 07:11 AM

Kind of bizarre an established studio of Pendulos magnitude would go out and try crowdfunding. I guess that means The Next BIG Thing wasn’t that big a thing?

In their game Yesterday you can pick up a toy of one of the characters from The next Big Thing, and the character says something like “It’s a toy from one of those games that comes and goes and no one cares about”... So I suppose the developer kinda hinted that it didn’t go too well, unluckily. Tongue

I for one LOVED The next big thing, but I seam to be one of the few… I guess that game is the kind you either love or hate… Sarcastic  At least they have a good sense of humour about it… Laughing

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2011-02-12

PM

Majsan - 03 August 2012 08:37 AM

I for one LOVED The next big thing, but I seam to be one of the few… I guess that game is the kind you either love or hate… Sarcastic  At least they have a good sense of humour about it… Laughing

Liz Allaire, the crazy female character from The Next Big Thing, is for me one of the top 3 best adventure game characters I’ve ever played with. She was so much fun… nobody made me laugh out loud as much as her since Murray in the third Monkey Island.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Haha thanks for clarifying. I really love it when developers does that kind of thing, thumbs up to Pendulo from here Laughing

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

I loved the style, the characters, the humour… Somehow it just felt like they stopped short. Maybe it was the story, because honestly I can’t remember it. Which sucks. I remember liking every character you met in there.

I am rubber, you are glue

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Mik - 03 August 2012 09:35 AM

Liz Allaire, the crazy female character from The Next Big Thing, is for me one of the top 3 best adventure game characters I’ve ever played with. She was so much fun… nobody made me laugh out loud as much as her since Murray in the third Monkey Island.

Good to know I’m not the only one!  Wink

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

Come on Guys !

Let’s support this one! Pendulo Studios has always given us great games! They have chosen The Games Planet Lab because The Kickstarter is only for US Projects and soon UK Projects too. So it was NOT an alternative for Pendulo Studios. Don’t confuse Pendulo Studios with big Companies. Pendulo Studios is just a small european developer group. It’s not Activision or Electronic Arts. They just know how to make good games. And nowdays is hard to find even a publisher who would fund the games in advance. So no surprise that Pendulo Studios needs the gamers’ help! There is still enough time to make it happen! They know very very well how a good Adventure Game is made. And Day One will be a success too. I personally have all their games, and enjoyed them very much, including Yesterday, which was somewhat short but very well made!

Project:
http://www.lab.gamesplanet.com/dayone/

18 Years Adventure Games:

Day One Official Trailer:

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tsampikos - 08 August 2012 04:52 PM

Come on Guys !

Let’s support this one! Pendulo Studios has always given us great games!

I agree, i have personally supported this project, and really hope that they will reach their goal.

Like others i had some reservation about funding games from an established studio, but after giving it some thought, i decided to support it nevertheless.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 512

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Well, small studio or not, Pendulo will not get my money in advance. I got really p****d off by Yesterday having that silly DRM, both on download and boxed copies. But now, when they need your money in advance, “DRM free” is almost printed with bold letters. Go figure.

Bought Yesterday anyway (found a crack in about five seconds) and was a bit disappointed. Liked the more mature theme but the writing was mediocre. I really enjoyed both Runaway 3 and The Next BIG thing though. Such a big step up from the utterly boring Runaway 2.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

New Article on Pendulo Studios and Day One. Come on Guys let’s give it a push!

http://www.thealistdaily.com/news/exclusive-pendulo-looks-to-bring-adventure-to-crowd-funding/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top