• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

TheTMD

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 15 September 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The scene today from Aztec: The Curse in the Heart of the City of Gold (1999), a.k.a The Sacred Amulet, shows the protagonist, young huntsman ‘Little Serpent’, trying to aid a dying nobleman after witnessing an attack on him, & as a consequence is framed for his murder by the perpetrator of the crime. 

One of the series of ‘Edutainment’ titles published by Cryo, I found the plot interesting & enjoyed the immersion into the reconstructed world of the Aztec empire, based on research & also imagination, that gives you a glimpse of what the environments & way of life may have been like at that time.           

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Aztec series! We want the Aztec series! We want the Aztec series! Tongue

Out of Cryo’s edutainment titles, I’ve played only the first part of Egypt, but I’m having on eye of the rest of it for quite some time. I’ve been wondering, chrissie, what are the puzzles like? Is the accent on edutainment (with real-life info) or the fictional story?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 15 September 2014 09:00 AM

The Aztec series! We want the Aztec series! We want the Aztec series!

Out of Cryo’s edutainment titles, I’ve played only the first part of Egypt, but I’m having on eye of the rest of it for quite some time. I’ve been wondering, chrissie, what are the puzzles like? Is the accent on edutainment (with real-life info) or the fictional story?

Unfortunately diego, unlike a few other games in the Cryo series, there’s only one Aztec game!
I played it way back on PS1 when it came out in 2000 so my memory of it is a little hazy but have just recently whizzed through snippets of it on You Tube to try & remind myself of it!, the graphics of which BTW are vastly inferior to playing the game yourself!

I would say that the accent is definitely on the fictional story, the puzzles are mainly inventory based with the plot also being advanced by talking to people. There are at least a couple of different puzzles e.g I remember having to dye some feathers in the correct colours & then place them in the right place to complete an impressive headdress! The edutainment value really comes from the in-game encyclopedia where a lot of facts about the Aztec empire can be accessed if you want although you may need to look up a few things to solve a puzzle/answer a question! The environments for the game were apparently recreated through liaison with a team of archaeologists with adaptions added to fill a gap where there’s lack of substantial knowledge!

I was interested to see that a version of the game has been released on hand-held gadgets such as the I-Pad!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ah, sounds interesting, thanks! As for the Aztec series, I was thinking of all games with the Aztec theme as a new AGSOTD theme! Tongue (but don’t pay attention, I’m just being spoiled after “The Ship series”)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 15 September 2014 11:30 AM

Ah, sounds interesting, thanks! As for the Aztec series, I was thinking of all games with the Aztec theme as a new AGSOTD theme! Tongue (but don’t pay attention, I’m just being spoiled after “The Ship series”)

I’m sorry diego, I like to post screenshots preferably from games I have played, but don’t mind if they’re from those I haven’t got around to yet or from games that look interesting that I can’t play on my system, but with that criteria there’s just no other Aztec games that spring to mind! Please PM Karlok & myself if there’s a theme you’d like us to to do if we can - I work quite long hours on some days so have to plan ahead!!!  Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hey, I was just joking because you two granted our wish for the ship series! (afterall, The Crystal Skull was a recent addition!!)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Since you started granting wishes…

I want you guys to review some adventure where a pretty buxom girl is tied to a submarine while lions and tigers are leaping around and some cowboys fight Roman legionaries.
I like that kind of adventures.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

We’re working on it!  Naughty

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top