• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

realMyst on iPad

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

realMyst is out now on iPad 2 and 3.

This is not your father’s Myst. Experience Myst in a way that’s closer to real than you’ve ever imagined.

realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Look lazily upward into the Channelwood Age trees. Relax next to the rippling fountain as the sun sets in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.

And what could possibly make that experience even more real? Now you can have all of that on your iPad* with nothing between you and Myst but the touch of your finger - the sheerest of interfaces between you and the surrealistic island adventure that will become your world.

Myst was always meant to be real. Now it’s closer than ever. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Wish it came out for the iPhone 4s. Frown Its been out for a couple of weeks now.

BTW, does the game look like it had a bit of a graphical upgrade besides resolution? It looks gorgeous!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Hurray for the iPad! More adventure games like this and I’ll be looking at getting an ipad for playing adventure games.

Kiss

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Monolith - 10 July 2012 02:05 PM

BTW, does the game look like it had a bit of a graphical upgrade besides resolution?

Actually it’s downgraded to some extent as the day and night cycle is missing.

You can compare versions here:
http://cjedaudio.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/realmyst-for-ipad-available/

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

smulan - 11 July 2012 05:24 AM
Monolith - 10 July 2012 02:05 PM

BTW, does the game look like it had a bit of a graphical upgrade besides resolution?

Actually it’s downgraded to some extent as the day and night cycle is missing.

You can compare versions here:
http://cjedaudio.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/realmyst-for-ipad-available/

What I was looking for was better lighting and textures. Day and Night seem right since that was a feature that made no sense. Everything else are small things that don’t impact much.

EDIT: Actually it looks a lot better overall. Downgraded from the previous realmyst, but still an upgrade from Myst and Realmyst. lol Looks like they improved on everything realmyst should of been. A 3d representation of Myst and not a tech demo to show what 3d can do.

EDIT2: OMG that gamer playing the Ipad Version was just stupid. lol Tongue

EDIT3: Whats with the people saying the game looks like shit? Am I missing something? It looks great.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-06-19

PM

It’s not real clear from the review whether the version of RealMyst for iOS is Masterpiece Edition (with all of its PC new special effects) or not. Clearly an oversight in the review.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

This thread is two years old. The iPad version was released long before the Masterpiece Edition. It’s neither the original realMyst nor the ME, but an enhanced version tailored to the iPad.

It’s up to retailers to tell you which versions they’re selling, not us. I think you can safely assume that if it’s the ME, they’ll say so.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ll think about getting this game - might be fun on the ipad.

I just got the PSP version of Myst so it’s only in the thinking about it category.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top