• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any upcoming Kickstarters?

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

PolloDiablo - 30 August 2014 08:01 AM

I know of one that will release shortly, probably next week, but can’t say anything about that yet (keep an eye out for an announcement on the front page).
There’s also a project by some ex-Pendulo / ex-Revolution people called Crazy Bloody Robots
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Bloody-Robots/260183087478897
http://davidpuerta.blogspot.nl/2014/04/crazy-bloody-robots.html
but not sure what the status on that is or when that will launch.

Really dig the art in this! I hope they end up arranging a KS for it, as I would love to support it!

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

So let’s see…

So far we have:

1) Mysterious old school, traditional adventure game that may be Kickstarting this fall.

2) Horror themed adventure game Kickstarting on 10/1.

3) Another mysterious adventure game potentially Kickstarting next week.

4) Project by Crazy Bloody Robots that may or may not seek crowdfunding in the future.

5) Paradigm, whose Kickstarter launches in a little over 6 days.

Okay, that’s some good stuff. Looks like we will have some campaigns to keep us entertained into the holidays. Thanks everyone for the bright forecast!

Anyone else have anything juicy they can (or can’t) share?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-08-30

PM

This is why I love kickstarter, even though I have yet to actually put money towards a campaign, it’s cool to see all of these games being made when the chances prior for these games to be made would have been slim to none. A lot of these games look great too.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Daventry - 30 August 2014 05:59 AM

Fov,

Was this announced horror game being unveiled on October 1st, the secret project you were referring to potentially coming this fall?

Nope.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Bremaine - 30 August 2014 08:53 PM

This is why I love kickstarter, even though I have yet to actually put money towards a campaign, it’s cool to see all of these games being made when the chances prior for these games to be made would have been slim to none.

That should be because instead of even thoughNaughty

Of all the dozens of KS and Indiegogo projects I supported only a few were not disappointing. I had fun, yes. But the games…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve been very impressed by many KS projects I didn’t hear about in time and thus didn’t have the chance to back them (might have but you never know, do you). Like Cognition, Resonance, Divinity: Original Sin… There was more but can’t bother checking them up now.

From my KS projects I have played two so far and I really haven’t been disappointed either. I thought Broken Age part one was really good and I enjoyed Moebius a lot too, though it wasn’t exactly Gabriel Knight. I will still be getting the GK1 remake there too so definitely no complaints.

Because of my own laziness I still haven’t played BS5 (need to replay the earlier parts) or Tex5 (need to finish Overseer), and the recently finished AR-K and IndieGoGo project Maker’s Terrace are waiting too - will check them out really soon though. And then I got around 10 other projects that aren’t out yet.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

I am having a blast with the Kickstarter projects I have played so far. I loved Broken Age and Broken Sword. We wouldn’t have those wondrous experiences without Kickstarter and there are so many more on the way! I love it! I love supporting my gaming heroes, I love the community and the camaraderie that blossoms during the campaigns, I love the sense of pride that results from voting for the types of games that I want to always have a place in the industry. The adventure genre is alive and vibrant! King’s Quest is on the way! KING’S QUEST!! I had given up hope on ever seeing that. I wish this resurgence would never end.

Joined 2014-08-24

PM

Our company has a Kickstarter currently running for our adventure game Norse Noir: Loki’s Exile, which is based around the 1920s big band/pulp detective era of the United States, mixed in with a good-sized dose of Norse mythology. Artistically we’re aiming for a traditional hand-drawn and animated style that pays homage to the era, and overall we’re just really excited about how the project is coming together.

I’m serving as writer and designer on the game and we’re more than happy to answer questions about the project or just talk shop in general. You can see a writeup about the title on AdventureGamers here or visit our development blog at http://www.norsenoir.com/blog/.

As a quick aside, I know we’ve had a few backers from AdventureGamers already, so if any of you are reading this, thank you for your support! We mean it, thank you guys so, so much - Every little bit counts and we’re getting closer every day. You all rock! =)

Writer and Designer for Norse Noir: Loki’s Exile - Hand-drawn adventure gaming where the roarin’ 20s and Norse gods collide!

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)| Kickstarter | Twitter | Facebook

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Brad L. McAtee - 03 September 2014 12:16 PM

Our company has a Kickstarter currently running for our adventure game Norse Noir: Loki’s Exile, which is based around the 1920s big band/pulp detective era of the United States, mixed in with a good-sized dose of Norse mythology. Artistically we’re aiming for a traditional hand-drawn and animated style that pays homage to the era, and overall we’re just really excited about how the project is coming together.

I’m serving as writer and designer on the game and we’re more than happy to answer questions about the project or just talk shop in general. You can see a writeup about the title on AdventureGamers here or visit our development blog at http://www.norsenoir.com/blog/.

As a quick aside, I know we’ve had a few backers from AdventureGamers already, so if any of you are reading this, thank you for your support! We mean it, thank you guys so, so much - Every little bit counts and we’re getting closer every day. You all rock! =)

I am proud to say, I was one of the first backers on this project! This game looks interesting. Also, the campaign looks like it is trending along nicely!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Brad L. McAtee - 03 September 2014 12:16 PM

Norse Noir: Loki’s Exile, which is based around the 1920s big band/pulp detective era of the United States, mixed in with a good-sized dose of Norse mythology. Artistically we’re aiming for a traditional hand-drawn and animated style that pays homage to the era

OK, why does this game not have its own thread yet? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-08-24

PM

I hate coming along to some place new on the internet and doing that ‘corporate shill’ crap, so I figured I’d wait until I had the chance to talk to the site admins before posting up a thread of my own about my own game; I’m a designer - We’re naturally egotistical, but I don’t want to be That Guy™. Wink BUT! I did speak to someone from the site earlier today and will be posting a thread (if no one beats me to it) later in the evening to talk about the game, the Kickstarter, and all things inbetween. =D You’re all awesome - Thanks for the thoughts and support!!

Writer and Designer for Norse Noir: Loki’s Exile - Hand-drawn adventure gaming where the roarin’ 20s and Norse gods collide!

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)| Kickstarter | Twitter | Facebook

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

As a fellow Scandinavian (or should we just talk about Northern European now) I totally get not wanting to be ‘that guy’.

But this site is indeed meant to promote adventure games, especially the more obscure ones that don’t really get a spotlight in regular gaming sites.

I’m personally trying to steer clear from new projects but I marked this one and a couple of other adventures with a ‘remind me’ star so I can check it out if they only need a little push towards the end, then I might stretch a bit.

The combination of themes seems very interesting and the game looks nice.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2014-08-24

PM

I’m actually one of the few people on the team who *isn’t* from Scandinavia, or even Europe; born and raised in Mississippi, which is most definitely not Oslo. Wink I lived there for several years, though, and have been called “close enough to Norwegian anyway” on a couple of occasions, so I consider it a compliment. =D

And thank you for the kind words and thoughts! Like I said, I just didn’t want to come across as a marketing jerk but after speaking to some of the site admins I’m really glad I have the opportunity to come over and talk about our project - It’s great to get more traffic in to the Kickstarter but really I’m happy just talking shop.

That said, to keep from derailing this thread any further, I did go ahead and make a dedicated thread for the game and would love to chat with anyone interested about the game/team/etc. etc. Said thread is over here: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4243/ =D

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Karlok - 31 August 2014 08:26 AM

That should be because instead of even thoughNaughty

Of all the dozens of KS and Indiegogo projects I supported only a few were not disappointing. I had fun, yes. But the games…

I feel like my overall Kickstarter experience has been worthwhile, but there’s certainly been my share of disappointment, too. I tallied it up at one point and it was like 54% worthwhile. I think that number may creep a little higher since a couple more of my projects are coming out soon or have come out since.

Still, the good stuff justifies the bad for me.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-09-05

PM

There’s a KS campaign active for “The Scoundrels Guild: A Tale of Thieves”  .  It’s an adventure game with light RPG elements where you play as a sort of Robin-Hood like character.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top