• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Adventure Gamers Anthem - Taking suggestions

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Once, long ago, legend tells of a golden age. A time of wonder and magic. For those who would seek them, adventures sprang forth unbidden at every turn. It was a time of kings questing, pirates plundering and space janitors… er, janitoring. Shadow hunters and dead travel agents prevailed. Adventure reigned supreme and there was a warm and glorious glow across the land. Then, in an instant, it was gone. Stolen away by tribes who could only dream in first person and whose savage bloodlust could not be sated. Overnight it seemed, the glow had diminished, and night came. The long dark. The spirit of adventure, had died. That is what the legend tells. But there is more to this story. After many years, suddenly there erupted a spark. A brief, brilliant burst of adventure, a gasp, that flared before fading back into night. The pulse belonged to a dreamer, wandering across space and time in the longest of Journeys. Almost before it began, it was swallowed back up by the night. Those who were called to their duty gloated and moved ahead, assured that it had been simply the last throes of a conquered dominion. They were wrong. It was not a dying breath. Rather, it was a shining seed of new life. The dark would carry on for a time, but it was not long before a glimmer of hope burned like molten light on the horizon. There came a band of bards into this dark land to Tell Tales. And as they spun their harmony, the glow brightened in the east. Still shadows clung and obscured the landscape, but something old and magnificent was building. A drumming, the heartbeat of a giant, faint at first but growing, growing. Then he appeared! A hero from a golden time! Spinning a yarn about a Broken Age, and he was not alone. Trailing in his wake came the resurgent spirits of all the heroes of lore. They marched and danced and spun and sang as they came. Songs of high adventure fell from their lips and light and color sprang forth where they tread. They painted the realm with their glorious spirit and through the music, if one listened, one could hear the echoes of a golden age descending.

Now, my friends, here we stand, at the edge of this new dawn. The adventure has risen again and gaming has rediscovered it’s soul. It is a grand time to be an adventure game fan! In honor of the adventure game revival, I propose we name an anthem to signify the occasion. A theme song to represent all those of us who endured the long dark in anticipation of this rebirth. Please join me in suggesting a song that you feel best encapsulates our journey, or this new day. Something adventurous or stirring. Something that represents how you feel about the adventure game posting a comeback. Every board member gets one recommendation. I will keep tabs and if the leading songs result in a tie, we will have a runoff vote that everyone can participate in. There is only one stipulation, the songs should be chosen from within our own ranks. Submissions must be selected from an adventure game soundtrack. Feel free to add links to your song choice so that we can listen along with you! The posting period will run from now until 9/23/14.

To start things off, I will offer my nomination:

The main theme to Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned.

Thanks for playing along! Let’s find our voice!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Can I make mine a Haiku?

Pick up, look and use
The essence of existence
Adventure is life.

Or how about this one?

Yeti stand on cliff
Does not want to let me pass
Throw pie at Yeti

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Zifnab - 23 August 2014 10:27 PM

Can I make mine a Haiku?

Pick up, look and use
The essence of existence
Adventure is life.

Or how about this one?

Yeti stand on cliff
Does not want to let me pass
Throw pie at Yeti

(Applause) Very nice Zifnab! Life is indeed the greatest adventure! And Yeti’s always look better wearing pies!

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Anthem

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Bogi - 24 August 2014 08:09 PM

Anthem

Yikes! Nothing prepared me for this at this early hour Laughing

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

An anthem,what about a flag?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

A second vote for GK3 Theme. I love that piece of music.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Anthem

When you find me alone in a dark corner, whimpering and rocking back and forth in a fetal position, remember… this was the cause.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

colpet - 25 August 2014 09:09 AM

A second vote for GK3 Theme. I love that piece of music.

Robert Holmes is truly amazing. His scores never cease to surprise and delight. So many good musical moments erupting unexpectedly while playing the Gabriel Knight games.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I have to say that the soundtrack to GK3 was the best thing about it by a long way (well, as far as I got which wasn’t very far) but I’d like to offer alongside it the Tesla Effect Main Titles track:

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Daventry - 25 August 2014 02:18 PM

Anthem

When you find me alone in a dark corner, whimpering and rocking back and forth in a fetal position, remember… this was the cause.

Then this would finish you Naughty  Laughing

Mass Burial

And just now I saw it needs to be from the adventure game, then by all means it needs to be Monkey Island intro music (or MI2 variation), of course superior AMIGA version.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Jabod - 25 August 2014 02:39 PM

I have to say that the soundtrack to GK3 was the best thing about it by a long way (well, as far as I got which wasn’t very far) but I’d like to offer alongside it the Tesla Effect Main Titles track:

Wow! That was really good! It sounded like something from a big budget Hollywood movie, like a Transformers, Guardians of the Galaxy or Batman. Vey impressive that Tex Murphy got that type of score.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Then this would finish you Naughty Laughing

Mass Burial

Bogi, that was completely uncalled for! But, kinda catchy… in a weird and somewhat disturbing way. 1,697,622 other viewers are likely also ashamed of themselves right now.

Grin

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Bogi - 25 August 2014 05:33 PM

And just now I saw it needs to be from the adventure game, then by all means it needs to be Monkey Island intro music (or MI2 variation), of course superior AMIGA version.

Here you go Bogi:

Ah, the splendor of the Monkey Island soundtrack. A joy on any platform!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Then this would finish you Naughty  Laughing

Mass Burial

The horror! The horror!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

And just now I saw it needs to be from the adventure game, then by all means it needs to be Monkey Island intro music (or MI2 variation)

Of course it has to be the Monkey Island theme!!!
Is there a more easily recognizable theme the immediately get you to think about Adventure Games.

Though we can always discuss the version that should be use.
How about a more modern version or a orchestral version, another one, metal version, ukulele, harp....

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top