• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shadowgate is coming, August 21st.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Tomorrow will be the day yet another Kickstarter backed game sees the light. Shadowgate remake will be creeping out. So I guess this is kind of a countdown thread then.

http://www.zojoi.com/shadowgate/

(It seems that it’ll be Steam release first.)

I’m a backer (low level, haven’t seen the beta, so it’ll be all new to me as well) and I’ve followed somewhat closely on the development. The game sounds and looks pretty nice, especially considering the budget. And a cherry on the cake will be the possibility to play the game with original NES soundtrack.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Nice.  I will definitely be picking this up.  Love the new visuals (and the old visuals!)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Polygon has a preview video if anyone wants to see some gameplay and early impressions.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I’m SO excited for tomorrow! I’m a KS backer on this, and the ICOM games were some of my favorites growing up!

I hear they want to remake the others, like Deja Vu and Uninvited, which would be awesome!

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve understood they’ve bought all the rights back. Deja Vu included. And apparently they’re already planning on Shadowgate 2. They seem to have a clear goal in mind, so I do hope this does good.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Hopefully they’ll make good use of my money, then!  Wink

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Is it out yet?  Is it out yet?

I want to throw my money at this one as soon as humanly possible.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

No key yet, but I’d suspect they should sent it to backers any time now. And I’d suspect Steam release will be pretty soon after that.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Nice.  I should be able to pick it up when I get home from work then.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I got it on my Humble Bundle account, and I’m downloading right now!

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I got my key as well. Downloading just now.

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

There’s actually been a deluge of trailers for this game in the last month. We uploaded them all, but didn’t announce them all, in case anybody missed some.

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Had a chance to play this for a few minutes. Very cool so far. The interface is powerful but has a bit of a learning curve, so here’s my tips:

1) The game lets you click a command or an object in either order. In other words, you can click Look + Door, or Door + Look. Convenient, but potentially confusing. So just be aware that if you click on an object in the room and it’s highlighted and pulsing, that means the object is selected but you haven’t chosen a command for it yet.

2) The image of your character in the top right corner of the screen is sometimes needed to manipulate objects. For example Use + Thyself (top-right image) + Lever to move a lever. (This is the only non-obvious thing I learned from the tutorial. You can skip it now, if you want. You’re welcome.)

3) What the tutorial doesn’t tell you are the many handy shortcuts. These can be found in the game’s very long Help menu. Some are also demonstrated in this video.

* You can use keyboard to select commands (like “L” for “Look”)
* You can reassign these key bindings under the Options menu
* Double click on commands or hit the appropriate key binding twice to leave that command activated, so that you can do things like look at multiple objects more quickly
* Ctrl + a number key will bind a selected inventory object to that number key
* Right click will deselect any objects or UI commands

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve given it a quick spin now and I have to say I really like it thus far. The graphics are very nice, some effect do jump out a bit, but nothing major there. The music is great and the castle itself is more than a little dangerous; dying is easy.

Also for those people who long after oldschool verb usage, Shadowgate has tons of it. The gameplay is pretty old school through and through. You also get three difficulty modes, which one is for novices, and should contain easier puzzles, the second one is for more seasoned players and the last is for those who look for complete oldshcool unforgiveness of the original game.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I have a major hard-on for this game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top