• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 19 August 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Pilgrim: Faith as a Weapon (1998) by Axel Tribe is an edutainment game about the religious movement of catharism in thirteenth century France. The cathars opposed the teachings of the Catholic church so it goes without saying that they were persecuted.

I quite liked the game. I prefer its outdated graphics to the current retro-pixelated look. Beautiful backgrounds, skies, houses. Character models not so good, but you can’t have everything. Great medieval atmosphere with the plague, the inquisition, crusades, politics, intrigues. I learned a lot about the cathars and the politics of those days, although I have forgotten most of it by now.

The writing is very good, probably because the game was based on a book by Paulo Coelho. I know his name causes some people to break out in a rash. Innocent But the prose of Pilgrim is a nice change from the ordinary adventure fare.

Memory speaks a foreign language of which we don’t get all the subtlety. This is what makes our perception of the truth so uncertain and our judgements so changeable. We should be much wiser to treat our memories as carefully as we treat our dreams.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes…? Something you wanted to say but forgot to post?

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Nah, (s)he just likes to quote long passages.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

People are strange… when you’re a stranger…

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Must be a great game, where one of the character is named after me. Do we get to control all of them?

I have an anecdote about Pilgrim - when I first arrived to write for some local review magazine, I was speaking to the editor in the office (a living room, actually). Some other guy suddenly opened the door from the other room, looking at us from the bed, all sleepy, dazed, confused and delirious, just as he wanted to say: “SHUT UP! Let me sleep!”, but said nothing, and shut the door. I asked the editor what’s the story, and he replied: Ahh… he played Pilgrim all night. He needs to review it for the next magazine issue.

So, it must be a great game if people are staying up all night for it. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 20 August 2014 04:32 PM

Must be a great game, where one of the character is named after me.

Sshhhh… no need to boast about your namesake, he’s not worth it.

Do we get to control all of them?

I wouldn’t want to control Diego d’Osma!

...but said nothing, and shut the door. I asked the editor what’s the story…

Well, you know what they say: Nobody expects the… ! Tongue

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Favoritism! Can you post a game with me in it next Karlok? (let’s see how good your game knowledge is, heheh)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Zifnab - 21 August 2014 04:58 AM

Favoritism! Can you post a game with me in it next Karlok? (let’s see how good your game knowledge is, heheh)

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/971/

Tongue

I’ll come clean. Haven’t played it. Yet.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top