• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler! Point-and-click fun! Kickstarter

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I mixed up the deceased Wizarbox with Tiller, Mocsy and Ince with this Project.. still i hope Mocsy consider this turn off

Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jackal - 16 September 2016 03:06 PM

It means there was a typo. Wink

Makes more sense, I was thinking it was a trilogy story divided into 5 episodes Smile

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Got a nice Steam page and everything Grin Caaan’t waaaait

http://store.steampowered.com/app/472420/

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

New interview with Bill Tiller at Mixnmojo:

http://mixnmojo.com/features/interviews/Bill-Tiller-Talks-Duke-Grabowski-and-More

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A review here:

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

That guy’s voice reminds me so much of comedian Jimmy Pardo.

7/10 from Cubed3: http://www.cubed3.com/review/3136/1/duke-grabowski-mighty-swashbuckler-pc.html

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

There’s also already a letsplay in progress but I wouldn’t spoil myself on it. Just watched the intro sequence, pumped for this Grin

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Duke is live on steam. 6,99€

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Looking at that intro, the biggest task for the developers will have been to prevent Duke from overstaying his welcome. He’s kind of one-dimensional and those kinds of characters don’t often fare well as protagonists.

The voice acting does not sound very good from what I saw but good luck to them all the same. Let’s hope this is the second successful pirate adventure game this year.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

As I expected, Steam’s new “your rating doesn’t count unless you bought directly from Steam” policy is kicking Duke Grabowski in the shin big time. Tt has a Mixed rating - “66% percent of the reviews are positive” (that’s 2 out of 3). That is, out of 3 taken into consideration, since the game was kickstarted and it actually has 11 positives and 1 negative review. Seems to me that Steam is actively misrepresenting what people think of the game and driving customers away from it. How is that in any way fair?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ve just finished it. If I were Bill & co, I’d take a 66% all day long. Short, poorly voiced and with writing that makes Escape From Monkey Island look like a work of genius.

It sure is pretty though.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mr Underhill - 08 October 2016 11:46 AM

As I expected, Steam’s new “your rating doesn’t count unless you bought directly from Steam” policy is kicking Duke Grabowski in the shin big time. Tt has a Mixed rating - “66% percent of the reviews are positive” (that’s 2 out of 3). That is, out of 3 taken into consideration, since the game was kickstarted and it actually has 11 positives and 1 negative review. Seems to me that Steam is actively misrepresenting what people think of the game and driving customers away from it. How is that in any way fair?

Steam reviews are terrible but I don’t think this choice is bad. It sucks that kickstarter backer reviews don’t count but it manages to take out all the troll reviews from people that get the game from bundles and barely played them.

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

Heads up everybody.  Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, the game Duke Grabowski is a spin-off of, is 90% off on Steam until tomorrow.  That’s ninety-nine cents.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there isnt any soundtrack made for the game they used exactly Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island soundtracks

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

The only exception is the opening and closing cutscenes, which they hired Jared Emerson-Johnson (of Telltale fame) to compose some new music for.  It is a bit sad they just recycled the music from Ghost Pirates otherwise, but it was for budget reasons apparently.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top