• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 05 August 2014

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Advie - 05 August 2014 08:38 PM

uh the Cybersniff 2000!! ,rub and smell ,or was it scratch and smell!
now this thread is getting really obnoxious

Let me guess. You don’t think this was offensive, but mine was?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 06 August 2014 08:38 PM

I saw Karlok’s comments regarding Zinfab and myself.

I don’t know what occurred that allowed Zinfab to either delete all his comments, or have them deleted by someone of higher authority.

Zifnab and I agreed (in PM) to remove our posts because it was a misunderstanding. Unfortunately the forum software doesn’t allow users to delete their posts. So we both deleted the original text. I asked the mods to delete my posts and they did. Maybe Zifnab didn’t ask, I don’t know, maybe that’s why his empty posts are still here.

But I am pretty pissed off at the comment directed at me. I’ll admit that the Tuna reference was probably in bad taste.

I’m delighted that we agree.

But it isn’t as if sexual innuendo wasn’t prevalent throughout the entire post starting with the original.

Sexual innuendo and bad taste are not synonyms.

And, as for me being forever critical of all things AGSOTD, please post some links!

I said you never had anything positive to say about anybody’s AGSotDs. Not the same thing at all.

Whatever problem Karlok has with Zinfab should be taken care or privately.

Apparently you haven’t read and/or understood what the Karlok-Zifnab problem was about. Rest assured, it has been resolved. And why should it be taken care of privately when you discuss your Karlok problem in public?

But she certainly has no issue with me. Unless there is one of which I am unaware.

I wish I had your bad memory! Would make life so much easier.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 06 August 2014 09:58 PM

I wish I had your bad memory! Would make life so much easier.

I wish I had your good memory, because I have no idea what you’re talking about. Give link. Give reference. Sorry if I offended you sometime in the past. You apparently remember the grievance better than I do.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 06 August 2014 10:58 PM

Sorry if I offended you sometime in the past.

Okay, let’s forget it. Both of us. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 06 August 2014 09:34 PM
Advie - 05 August 2014 08:38 PM

uh the Cybersniff 2000!! ,rub and smell ,or was it scratch and smell!
now this thread is getting really obnoxious

Let me guess. You don’t think this was offensive, but mine was?

but why!, you either haven’t had the original LSL7 pack (maybe never played) or you just cant hide you hate for me. either ways please don’t use my words in your advantage especially in a delicate situation like this, again.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Now, in all seriousness, Cybersniff was a great concept. I can’t believe games so easily threw it away. Imagine playing Monkey Island while smelling the fresh seaside air (or even tasting salty sea water). Cybersnifflick 2015 FTW! (I’d pledge for it)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 07 August 2014 07:03 PM

Now, in all seriousness, Cybersniff was a great concept. I can’t believe games so easily threw it away. Imagine playing Monkey Island while smelling the fresh seaside air (or even tasting salty sea water). Cybersnifflick 2015 FTW! (I’d pledge for it)

yea I wonder why too, but why MI exactly, didn’t they had enough already of using Sierra ideas and turn them into their privilege Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 07 August 2014 07:03 PM

But could it ever replace Gary Owens descriptions? Come to think of it, I don’t think we ever got to smell anything nice in any Space Quest game, so I’d definitely prefer Gary Owens. Smile

How about Cybertaste?  Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top