• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Obduction first look

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This had made my day.
though there is something odd, ‘a cartoony feeling’ about the screens that i am not sure i had seen before in Cyan’s, but they said that is ‘not an exact representation of what the final game will look like’.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie, is Rand Miller your uncle or something? Where did you get it, I can’t see these published even on the Kickstarter page?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

No D, not Rand its Gehn, my father.
its their fanpage.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Norman Bates (or Dracula) would have loved the ambience and general atmosphere of the game.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 04 August 2014 01:25 PM

This had made my day.
though there is something odd, ‘a cartoony feeling’ about the screens that i am not sure i had seen before in Cyan’s, but they said that is ‘not an exact representation of what the final game will look like’.

Hope not exact represantation even on low res trees and foliage looks nowhere near Ethan
Carter.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

They showed the demo at some expo, too gray and muted colors for my taste.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Gabe - 04 August 2014 03:10 PM

Hope not exact represantation even on low res trees and foliage looks nowhere near Ethan
Carter.

I doubt that many games will look as good as Ethan Carter does, given that their art assets are mostly 3D scanned from real items, buildings and plants.

But anyways, I think those screenshots looks pretty much how their original concept art looked. It never did look like they were trying to go towards ultra realism.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Looks great, don’ t want stupid photo ultra realism.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

smulan - 04 August 2014 06:03 PM

Looks great, don’ t want stupid photo ultra realism.

Is photo realism stupid,means what you see is stupid right, from Bedlam?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Just saw the gameplay video - it blew my socks off! Finally a game where you can rotate the objects in close-up!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

diego - 12 August 2014 05:23 PM

Just saw the gameplay video - it blew my socks off! Finally a game where you can rotate the objects in close-up!

I can’t tell if you are serious or sarcastic with that post.

There have been loads of games with the rotate objects up close so i’m veering towards sarcastic.

Laughing

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lucien21 - 12 August 2014 05:37 PM

There have been loads of games with the rotate objects up close so i’m veering towards sarcastic.

There have BEEN! BEEN! Can you name 5 games in the last 5 years that have fully 360 degree item rotation and close-up inventory inspection? Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

More realistic now?

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2015-10-11

PM

I’ll buy it.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today in Game Developers Couldn’t Manage a Project if their Lives Depended on It: Obduction delayed or whatever because whinewhinewhine evil publishers whinewhine game developers couldn’t manage a project if their lives depended on it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction/posts/1388589
(backers only)

(Is it even worth commenting on news like that anymore?)

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 October 2015 04:26 PM

Today in Game Developers Couldn’t Manage a Project if their Lives Depended on It: Obduction delayed or whatever because whinewhinewhine evil publishers whinewhine game developers couldn’t manage a project if their lives depended on it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction/posts/1388589
(backers only)

(Is it even worth commenting on news like that anymore?)

That seems a bit harsh. They were working toward something bigger and better, and now they’ll have to cut it back down, because of something that was completely out of their control.

It would have been nice if Armikrog had gotten a publisher and made a game the size of the Neverhood.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top