• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloserSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Global Weather Changes

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2014 12:06 PM

but what we have instead is unprecedented amounts of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Roughly one out of 2 men in the US gets cancer once in their lifetime, and one out of 3 women. Hell my dad who has been a doctor for 75 years told me he is seeing today cancer cases he has never seen before in his life. Technology: the answer to everything indeed.  Meh

Part of that is also because the increase in average life expectancy and the increase in overall population. If the population doubles but diseases decrease by a quarter, you’ll still see an INcrease in numbers of half. Couple that with an ever increasing percentage of “old” people (who are more prone to different diseases, cancers and diabetes), and yeah, there’ll be an unprecedented amount of disease. Doesn’t mean it’s an increase percentage-wise… Wink

Iznogood - 04 August 2014 02:01 PM

Does that mean that everything is perfect in China now? Of course not, but if you ask the Chinese then I’m pretty certain that the vast majority still prefers the current situation compared to how it was only a few decades ago.

Siberia is different. Poverty is a lot more rampant there now than it was during communism because at least back then, they were provided for when things were rough. Now things are just rough.

SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2014 05:58 PM
nomadsoul - 04 August 2014 04:42 PM

Which most of you enjoyed , because Global warming is more deadly, Ironic , innit??

Your logic is that I like apples, so I have to hate oranges. Why can’t I like both? Just because people are discussing global warming in a Global Weather Changes thread does not mean they have no regard to all the other valid issues you bring up. The things you brought up are all major problems with global capitalism that I am strongly against but that doesn’t belittle the danger we are facing as a species in face of global warming. Apples and oranges, both pretty important and both need to be talked about.  You are welcome to start a new thread to discuss those other issues Smile

^ This.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Also keep in mind that in the olden days one could die from a simple cold. Now that we have most disease under control one of the few deseases that can still kill you are cancers and heart & vasculair disease

So naturally, you see a lot more of those compared to say a hundred years ago…..add to that the population argument of Timovieman and there you go. Pretty logical to me.

Then there is the matter that much of heart and vasculair disease are also linked to lifestyle. People get fatter, beyond what’s good for them, especially in the US. That’s probably the largest cause for diabetes and heart disease. Most of these are perfectly avoidable if people ate more varied, restrain their portions and execise more regularly. It ain’t rocket science.

One day, not that far from now, we can probably even cure cancers…..and then we’ll have to see what next disease pops-up, as nature will find a way to balance things, when it’s out of control.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Which most of you enjoyed , because Global warming is more deadly, Ironic , innit??

Your logic is that I like apples, so I have to hate oranges. Why can’t I like both? Just because people are discussing global warming in a Global Weather Changes thread does not mean they have no regard to all the other valid issues you bring up. The things you brought up are all major problems with global capitalism that I am strongly against but that doesn’t belittle the danger we are facing as a species in face of global warming. Apples and oranges, both pretty important and both need to be talked about.  You are welcome to start a new thread to discuss those other issues Smile

No my logic is that all fruits are genetically engineered.

Every single PR piece of Global warming is for Larger interest and is also engineered
too look like deep fact.

Edit:

Yeah warming ain’t capitalism, such wisdom

Read this

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/06/23/Global-warming-Fabricated-by-NASA-and-NOAA

http://www.naturalnews.com/045695_global_warming_fabricated_data_scientific_fraud.html#

Its a hoax.
Its part of capitalism.

You are gullible caught in Capitalist(s) narrative. Wink

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 04 August 2014 05:59 PM
SoccerDude28 - 04 August 2014 12:06 PM

but what we have instead is unprecedented amounts of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Roughly one out of 2 men in the US gets cancer once in their lifetime, and one out of 3 women. Hell my dad who has been a doctor for 75 years told me he is seeing today cancer cases he has never seen before in his life. Technology: the answer to everything indeed.  Meh

Part of that is also because the increase in average life expectancy and the increase in overall population. If the population doubles but diseases decrease by a quarter, you’ll still see an INcrease in numbers of half. Couple that with an ever increasing percentage of “old” people (who are more prone to different diseases, cancers and diabetes), and yeah, there’ll be an unprecedented amount of disease. Doesn’t mean it’s an increase percentage-wise… Wink

That’s only part of the equation. Pollution, gmos, food engineering, nuclear power leaks, etc… Are also responsible for a lot of these cases.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 04 August 2014 06:33 PM

No my logic is that all fruits are genetically engineered.

Every single PR piece of Global warming is for Larger interest and is also engineered
too look like deep fact.

Edit:

Yeah warming ain’t capitalism, such wisdom

Read this

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/06/23/Global-warming-Fabricated-by-NASA-and-NOAA

http://www.naturalnews.com/045695_global_warming_fabricated_data_scientific_fraud.html#

Its a hoax.
Its part of capitalism.

You are gullible caught in Capitalist(s) narrative. Wink

Most of the people who ignorantly deny global warming in the US are the biggest capitalists out there.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

- Biggest fire in the history of Sweden
- Minimum 2 weeks to put it out, some sources say over a month
- Military has been called in
- Hottest day of the year in Sweden was here in Sala two days ago

And Stockholm is in floods??

So much for Go Green.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 06 August 2014 06:37 AM

Forest fires are bigger these days precisely because we put them out when they happen. Natural forest fires burn away excess timber and dead brush, which in turn actually makes the forest healthier. Suppression leaves the excess timber and dead brush, and leads to an even bigger fire in the future (which could then become very hard to control).
Policy regarding forest fires should shift from suppression towards control and prevention, or they’re only going to get bigger and more devastating…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 06 August 2014 06:37 AM

- Minimum 2 weeks to put it out, some sources say over a month
- Military has been called in
- Hottest day of the year in Sweden was here in Sala two days ago

And Stockholm is in floods??

So much for Go Green.

Global warming is a hoax eh?  Crazy
Just because one country tries to go green does not mean that it is isolated from global warming. Unfortunately, we share the same atmosphere and we need to all work together to stop this.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 06 August 2014 11:20 AM

Global warming is a hoax eh?  Crazy
Just because one country tries to go green does not mean that it is isolated from global warming. Unfortunately, we share the same atmosphere and we need to all work together to stop this.

There were always fires
There were always floods
There were…oh wait Wink

Fighting nature is a fool’s errand.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Siberian Holes Could Be ‘Visible Effect’ of Global Warming, Experts Say

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/siberian-holes-could-be-visible-effect-global-warming-experts-say-n174331

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Here’s another one Smile

Shasta Lake in California before

Shasta Lake Now

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Stop playing PC games from Steam.

Downloading video games is worse for the planet than ordering disks

A study of the carbon footprint of PlayStation 3 games in the United Kingdom has come to a surprising conclusion. Studies of music have suggested that it takes less energy (and thus contributes relatively less to global warming) to sell music over the Internet than it does to truck compact disks to stores. But by calculating the amount of effort involved in getting a typical 8.8-gigabyte game for PlayStation 3 to your snack-filled sofa, the researchers found that ordering on the Internet led to greater carbon-equivalent emissions than did the physical distribution of a blue-ray disk to local stores. Downloading was better for the climate only when the games were less than 1.3 gigabytes, the team reports in the Journal of Industrial Ecology.

Actual study,

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jiec.12181/full

Now have some integrity and quit gaming Tongue

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Heh… what a load of crap!

For starters, add 5-10 kg CO2 for delivering any retail game, even if it’s an oldie with a mere 50 MB on one disk, from the USA or GB to my doorstep. Because my beloved genre can no longer be bought in brick-and-mortar stores.

And just name me ONE adventure which takes 8.8 gigabytes!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 30 September 2014 05:30 AM

And just name me ONE adventure which takes 8.8 gigabytes!

Tesla Effect - 14.6 GB
L.A. Noire - 13.3 GB

Wink

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Perhaps we should all stop breathing as well.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top