• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game fan art, music, and other tributes

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

nomadsoul - 22 July 2014 07:39 PM

Where Tim got wrong with Brutal Legend

Or Telltale with Tales of MI:

(just kiddin’, just kiddin’ Tongue)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

TimovieMan - 17 July 2014 06:42 AM

Don’t forget Jón Kristinsson’s work.

His illustrations of adventure games can be found here, at “Point-clicking” (formerly “Use verb on noun”).

He used to post on the forums as well, here’s his “Use verb on noun” thread from a couple of years ago.

Hey, thanks for sharing it!

Yeah, I used to be a regular on this forums WAY back.. I even wrote news on the site for a short period. Then I moved to the Idle Thumbs forums when Jake, Marek and Chris, etc. started it.

It’s so weird to revisit this forum, but every once in a while it pops up in my Google Analytics for the pointclicking site so I got check it out. It sure has gotten nice looking. Smile Maybe I should start checking this out more regularly.

Oh, holy shit.. the Pan and Spam smilies! Classic!’‘

EDIT: Gah! My post count! A sad little 6. Frown I guess it all got wiped during a forum software update.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jón Kristinsson - 30 July 2014 05:59 AM

Hey, thanks for sharing it!

No problem. Love your art! Thumbs Up

Maybe I should start checking this out more regularly.

You should! Wink

EDIT: Gah! My post count! A sad little 6. Frown I guess it all got wiped during a forum software update.

No worries, it didn’t get wiped. It got archived.

(You had 1629 posts as ‘bigjko’ on the old forums) Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

TimovieMan - 30 July 2014 07:47 PM

No worries, it didn’t get wiped. It got archived.

(You had 1629 posts as ‘bigjko’ on the old forums) Wink

Awwww yeeezzzz..  Cool

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Thanks for saying hi, Jón! I think I remember you when you posted as bigjko. I really like the variety of games paid homage in your art gallery, and it’s fun seeing how you adapted each of the characters to your style.

People here seem to be in a Sierra mood lately because of Activision and The Odd Gentlemen’s King Quest announcement, so I’ll add some more Sierra fan art to the thread.

Artist: RanmaCMH

(Click each image for DeviantArt page)

King’s Quest IV

Quest for Glory IV

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Those are badass.  I especially like the Rusulka one.  Damn.  Awesome stuff.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Those are very lovely. I really dig the Rosella and Rusalka ones.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

A graphic designer named David MacKenzie put together these four vintage travel posters based in the world of Grim Fandango.

Larger versions and the original post are here.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

The French artist, who I believe goes by the name TAHR, created a very memorable tribute to the LSL series. Here is his Larry video tribute:

If there’s a Larry 8, I hope TAHR can be involved in some way. Just that little piece of animation of his is better than any animated scene in Larry Reloaded, IMO.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

diego - 16 July 2014 03:57 PM

MI:

Holy crap… this is beautiful.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Yes, especially the first one. I would love to see Monkey Island 3 done in this style, but the character design would be very tricky.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Bogi - 13 October 2014 06:38 PM

Yes, especially the first one. I would love to see Monkey Island 3 done in this style, but the character design would be very tricky.

I agree, this design would be awesome. Although the second one makes me a bit dizy Smile.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top