• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gaming Tips and Strategies - Lets Hear Yours

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Figured this would be a helpful and interesting thread to help newcomers with the genre and even give old vets like the many here possible new ways to tackle some games etc…

I’ll chime in soon with some thoughts, sort of on the go here but wanted to get this thread out. Looking forward to hearing how some of you approach puzzles and certain adventure games.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The basics:

- go everywhere
- look at everything
- talk to everyone about everything

When stuck, use everything on everything, revisit all locations, talk to everyone again, repeat as necessary.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

TimovieMan pretty much covered it.  The only thing I might add is that if necessary take some notes to remember for certain what you’ve done.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Click everything on everything. Inventory combinations can be sneaky.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I try to keep track of everything I’m doing and remind myself not to over-complicate matters by trying to force one object to interact with every other object. That method could lead to a game over, let alone just not being a lot of fun, so it’s best avoided.

When I’m stuck, I try to break down each interaction I’ve taken and work off two assumptions: a. the solution is probably not too far away from the problem and b. I’ve probably overlooked something. I’d say close to 99 per cent of the time I get stuck, it’s because I didn’t notice a particular hotspot or pixel. The other 1 per cent is from not triggering flags in the correct order. For example, I worked out the solution to a puzzle but couldn’t solve it until I spoke to a character about the puzzle.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top