• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 26 June 2014

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I just got in on Steam for $1.99.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I give in! After all the posts praising the game (+ the very cheap price) I’m downloading now!  Laughing

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

How about a community playthrough?

Just kidding, just kidding…

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, a community playthrough led by Mighty Zobraks!

not kidding, not kidding

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

How can I lead a playthrough of a game I haven’t played?
I’m not Diego, you know.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Which brings us to the question if it’s easier for a diego to be in zobraks mode than it is for a zobraks to be in diego mode.

Afraid I can only do Karloff.  Embarassed

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Finished it.
It was very beautiful….and very sad…
Ranked high in my personal list. A small diamond, really.

The difficulty of the riddles seems to increase dramatically in the last 2 chapters. Yet, it was nothing that couldn’t be dealt with.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played chapter 1, liking it so far, the narrator does a great job in setting the atmosphere even being the only voice in the game.I don’t think the puzzles are that easy even in the first chapter but so far they’ve been logical.
Interesting to look into some swedish folklore (hey, now I knowwhat is hustomte or gårdstomte)

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sefir - 27 June 2014 10:52 AM

Just started it

Sefir - 27 June 2014 04:18 PM

Finished it.

Either Oknytt is awfully short, easy & delightful (a ‘page-turner’) and you have a lot of free time on your hands between the Greek matches at the World Cup, or…

Less than 6 (SIX!) hours. Gimme a…

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 28 June 2014 03:04 AM
Sefir - 27 June 2014 10:52 AM

Just started it

Sefir - 27 June 2014 04:18 PM

Finished it.

Either Oknytt is awfully short, easy & delightful (a ‘page-turner’) and you have a lot of free time on your hands between the Greek matches at the World Cup, or…

Less than 6 (SIX!) hours. Gimme a…

...or when I said “Just started it”, I was already in the game for 4-5 hours and had just took a first break to post any impressions. Wink
Mind you, there were no World Cup matches yesterday. I really did had a a lot of free time!! Got stuck only once, in the last forest chapter, but in general, many solutions came from random combining items in the inventory (meaning I was probably lucky several times).

I did find the game small though.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Cheater!!!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well, Oknytt took me several long sessions and I had to consult a walkthrough more than once near the end of the game. I admit it, after all these years of adventuregaming I am still not very good at solving puzzles. I’m always proud of myself when I’ve managed to solve everthing on my own. And that doesn’t happen often. Frown  But story and exloration are usually more important to me.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m 7 hours in (according to Steam) and currently at chapter 4, it seems like a very decent length, (best $1.99 I ever spent Smile ). I’m currently stuck in some kind of wall tablet puzzle and also the snake riddle. Assuming that still takes me a while and chapter 5 being harder, I can see going into the 10 hours mark. I do take my time exploring everything and never skip hearing the awesome narration.

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Karlok - 26 June 2014 06:39 PM

It’s not a horror game, Panthera. Some creatures and their stories are creepy, like the one in the pic. But they are harmless. No scares.

Thank you. This and the other comments made me get it too. Installing now. Smile

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2004-10-07

PM

Karlok - 26 June 2014 05:37 AM

Anybody else played it? Under the radar is putting it mildly. Are the game and its nameless creature too modest for their own good?

Yes, I played it only recentl! Gog got me interested in it, and I loved it. And no, they are not too modest for their own good.

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

- “esc(x) cot(x) dx = -csc(x)!” Dennis added, and the wizard’s robe caught on fire. “Gosh,” Dennis said, “and some people say higher math isn’t relevant.”

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top