• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 24 June 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Puzzle game Unmechanical (2012) has stunningly beautiful visuals and a great soundtrack. I enjoyed solving physic puzzles with the cute little flying robot, who can pick up stuff. Some puzzles were variations of familiar ones. Please give good old Simon a well-deserved rest, developers! I’m surprised Unmechanical is not in AG’s database.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

*sigh*
So many new adventure games, I’ll never get to memorise the screenshots.
It was easy before with a couple of hundreds of those, now there are couple of thousands around and counting. Almost like books and I always felt bad about not being able to read all the books there were.
*sigh*

Karlok - 24 June 2014 02:36 AM

I’m surprised Unmechanical is not in AG’s database.

No wonder for me: they’ve just discovered Pyst (1996).
Judging by that, your game will have its turn by 2032.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It was covered in the Puzzling (mis)adventures feature.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/23201

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Glad it got reviewed, it’s a nice game. The reviewer and I even agree about Simon. Smile But if it was worth reviewing, why isn’t it in the database…?

Same pic in the review! Coincidence. I got my pic from the internet. Unmechanical saves automatically (at least in my retail version, maybe it’s different on Steam?) and I didn’t feel like restarting the game just to take a few pics.

EDIT: All games should always provide the option of manual saves. I want to be able to go back to a puzzle or sequence I particularly enjoyed.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think it’s because it’s probably not considered an adventure and more of a puzzle game? Not sure because I’ve not played it. I like those articles because they still go in depth with those games from an adventure point of view. The only problem is that the games don’t show up in the search engine.

Edit: Oh wait, I was wrong, Stanley parable and Stick it to the Man are in the database and show up in the search engine. Not sure why about Unmechanical now

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top