• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

With Daniel Day-Lewis retiring, I no longer have a “best working actor” to name.

At least Meryl Streep still works for my “best working actress”. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I remember him as the fussy Cecil in A Room with a View.  I felt sorry that Lucy ditched him but understood why.  (I would have done the same.) Wink

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d sooner recall his roles in My Left Foot, The Last of the Mohicans, In the Name of the Father, Gangs of New York, There Will Be Blood and Lincoln.

Given his short filmography, he very much understood Marlon Brando’s principle of “an actor only has a limited number of faces so he shouldn’t play too many films”. *

* That was something he told Johnny Depp on the set of Don Juan DeMarco. There’s definitely truth in it: Depp stopped following it after the first Pirates movie and his career went downhill. Same for post-2000 Pacino and DeNiro.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I just came here to say that I love the Dutch speaking Russian barge captain in Barrockstadt.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

forget the WOLF AMONG US, this is at my parents place with most or all of my friends apparent.

Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Advie - 28 June 2017 11:46 AM

forget the WOLF AMONG US, this is at my parents place with most or all of my friends apparent.

The woman among us? (where is she?)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

One of our rabbits, Brownie, died last night. He was 6-and-a-half years old.

Yesterday morning everything seemed fine but yesterday evening he hadn’t eaten at all, which is very odd for him, and he was rather listless. I planned on going to the vet today, but he didn’t make it through the night… Frown

And now to break the news to the kids…  Meh

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 29 June 2017 03:04 PM
Advie - 28 June 2017 11:46 AM

The woman among us? (where is she?)

shes taking the photo, maybe why those eyes are like that. haha

and the rest are here Tongue

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

TimovieMan - 04 July 2017 05:05 AM

...And now to break the news to the kids…  Meh

Sorry to hear that Timo. Unfortunately the first deaths my two came across were family and not pets and it’s a tricky situation to be in as a parent. Wishing you all the best, but be re-assured that kids generally bounce back ok. Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Yesterday morning everything seemed fine but yesterday evening he hadn’t eaten at all, which is very odd for him, and he was rather listless. I planned on going to the vet today, but he didn’t make it through the night… Frown

Sorry for your loss Tim Frown I never understood why people get so attached to pets until we got our beautiful gray korat cat, and now I completely get it. They are part of your family.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I stumbled on Steve Cutts on facebook and he is brilliant. http://www.stevecutts.com/illustration.html

This is my favorite Laughing

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Intense Degree - 04 July 2017 01:58 PM

Wishing you all the best, but be re-assured that kids generally bounce back ok. Smile

I should have told them while he was still lying in his cage, instead of waiting until after I had taken him to the vet to dispose of. Now it’s like it hardly registered with the kids. While understandable for a 2-year-old, I’d expected Zoë (who’s almost 4) to be more affected, or at least to ask more questions. Now it’s like they shrugged, said “ok, he’s gone”, and just carried on.

Granted, they aren’t nearly as attached to the rabbits as they are to the cats, and Zoë in particular was a bit scared of Brownie since he almost bit her once, but still…

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Poor Brownie. A rabbit that doesn’t eat is an emergency situation. If they don’t eat for more than nine hours they die.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

someone told me ‘i wouldn’t have two faces or why would i be wearing this stupid one’, so i had prove him wrong

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Federer GOAT tennis player

8th Wimbledon not losing a set in the tournament at 35

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top