• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I will not go to that place until the current president is removed from office.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I often have the impression that Americans think they have their own planet, called America.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tsa - 05 February 2017 03:34 PM

I often have the impression that Americans think they have their own planet, called America.

Majority dont travel outside America, many because they live paycheck to paycheck and hardly make more, besides when they get time and money they prefer traveling within states

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s an unfair generalization, tsa.

Edit: And so is that last comment, nomadsoul.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

You’re right of course Lady Kestrel. Every generalization is unfair. But the US is so far removed from Europe with regard to social laws, heathcare, education and care for the environment whie at the same time many Americans are so convinced that they are ‘the best country in the world’ that it’s weird.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 February 2017 04:51 PM

Edit: And so is that last comment, nomadsoul.

That’s 60.5% of Americans who do not have a passport. This is real government data you can read about it here. Americans don’t travel because they don’t have the right tools

Gov Stats is in 3rd link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/natasha-alden/why-dont-americans-travel_b_9214256.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/02/04/americans.travel.domestically/
http://thestudentnomad.com/blog/8-real-reasons-why-americans-dont-travel

@tsa

When it comes to multicultural Urban life,style and vibes, it can lack alot of magic of Miami,NYC,Cali etc reason why it dominates over all over the world through media, either games or movies and stories within it
I use to debate it alot with my bro, he had same opinion as yours
But i think American dream has hyped us through the roof
But actual reality in terms of stable economics, healthcare and quality life
Europeans are far ahead, and on that front nobody can argue but again Canada delivers same still people find Canada immensely boring and dull against life in Big cities of US

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

can we stop this America whats so ever?
i have tasted this before; a whole country being blamed in behalf of someone, god’s know how he has reached this position.
at least we can pay some respect to a member who doesn’t like the tone, and a very especial one ..

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 06 February 2017 04:28 AM

i have tasted this before; a whole country being blamed in behalf of someone, god’s know how he has reached this position.
at least we can pay some respect to a member who doesn’t like the tone, and a very especial one ..

Dude i didnt get your point , wat you just said
Please help me understand Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

tsa - 06 February 2017 03:44 AM

You’re right of course Lady Kestrel. Every generalization is unfair. But the US is so far removed from Europe with regard to social laws, heathcare, education and care for the environment whie at the same time many Americans are so convinced that they are ‘the best country in the world’ that it’s weird.

I agree with you as far as social laws and health care are concerned. I find it baffling that so many Americans are opposed to Obamacare, not because of the start-up problems, but *on principle*. I’m very happy with our system of health care insurance. But education better in Europe? Not true. Environment? Highly debatable. We shouldn’t just look at the federal government.

EDIT: I’d be interested in LadyKestrel’s opinion and criticism of the differences between European countries and the USA.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 06 February 2017 04:28 AM

LOL! Another attempt by our self-appointed mod to shup people up.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Karlok - 06 February 2017 06:38 AM

I’d be interested in LadyKestrel’s opinion and criticism of the differences between European countries and the USA.

Me too.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Let’s keep the conversation constructive, I understand the standpoints and views of folks towards the US right now, but those are shaped by the current ‘leadership’. It doesn’t reflect the standpoints of large groups in the US as was clear by all the protests and the fact that the ‘popular vote’ was with 4 million votes more towards Hillary.

I’m not an American, but that doesn’t mean I don’t understand that generalization is never an accurate description of something Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

CaliMonk - 06 February 2017 08:04 AM

Let’s keep the conversation constructive, I understand the standpoints and views of folks towards the US right now, but those are shaped by the current ‘leadership’.

I assure you that Mr. Trump has absolutely nothing to do with my opinions about America vs. Europe. I’ve held the same opinion for years. Speaking for myself only of course, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one or more other posters in this thread feel the same.

I really don’t see the conversation so far and the invitation to discuss differences between Europe and the US as destructive or negative. Are you telling us we can’t discuss politics in Chit-Chat anymore? 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top