• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

2016 aint over yet, RIP in peace

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

RIP princess Leia. May the force be with you.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

...and we’re back…

I had massive computer problems, or rather it took an insane amount of time to get it fixed. No laptop for six weeks (although I briefly had it back after two weeks with a five-minute fix that didn’t stick), and my smartphone was essentially my one internet access point for a month and a half.
There’s nothing more inconvenient on a smartphone than forums (because typing is hellaslow), which explains my absence here.

But now I’m back.

Rejoice or despair, whatever best tickles your fancy. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Yo Tim

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s good to see you back, Timo!

Several years ago I saw Carrie Fisher in New York in her one-woman show, Wishful Drinking.  She was very funny, especially when discussing her extended family tree and telling anecdotes about her parents and herself.  She also pulled no punches when discussing her addictions and rehab.  It makes me sad to see her go.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

World is shifting

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/26/israel-un-resolution-settlements-obama-trump

@jimsciutto:
Breaking: #Israel suspends “working ties” with all 12 nations who voted for UN resolution on settlements - sources tell @eliselabottcnn
Those countries are: Britain, France, Russia, China, Japan, Ukraine, Angola, Egypt, Uruguay, Spain, Senegal and New Zealand

Netanyahu said Israel would now reassess ties with the UN and immediately cut off funds to several UN institutions.

He said: “I have already instructed to stop about 30m shekels (£6.3m) in funding to five UN bodies that are especially hostile to Israel … and there is more to come.”

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Debbie Reynolds(Carrie Fisher’s mom) passed away.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Once my friend had a bad bad accident, his father passed away just on hearing the news.
Poor Mom, probably as the result of her daughter

RIP in peace

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well there goes her MMA dream and career
Rekt

Back to Hollywood

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Can anyone help?

I’m looking for a song from the late ‘90s (1997-1998ish). It’s an R&B song that contains a bit of opera (performed by a female opera singer).
I think the R&B singer has a ‘G’ in his name (but then again, I was convinced his next song from this period was a “When Doves Cry” cover, which lead me to ‘Ginuwine’, but alas I must be mistaken here and looking for someone else as I can’t find the song in question in Ginuwine’s repertoire).

The video clip had the R&B guy in a NASA control center-like building while the opera singer was streaming from the moon. As I recall she was completely dressed in silver/grey, possibly with grey or blue skin colour too.

And I think the opera bit was in Russian (or another Slavic language).

Any thoughts?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 31 December 2016 06:15 AM

Can anyone help?

Certainly - I believe the number you are looking for is Prince Igor with the Norwegian singer Sissel Kyrkjebø and the American rapper Warren G Cool

The opera part is from Alexander Borodin’s Prince Igor, and she is indeed singing in Russian even though she doesn’t speak a word Russian.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks, Izno, that was precisely the song I was looking for!
Ginuwine fitting the bill for my recollections totally threw off and made my Google-fu weak. Tongue

Spending weeks without my laptop has resulted in me listening to a lot of music and in attempting to make a new “Top 100 Songs” (something I haven’t done since 2006). But since I started going overboard with the plans, they expanded into a “Top 1000” and then I had to consider songs like Prince Igor too. But that’s easier if you can actually research them… Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Iznogood - 31 December 2016 07:34 AM

The opera part is from Alexander Borodin’s Prince Igor, and she is indeed singing in Russian even though she doesn’t speak a word Russian.

Ah, yes, it’s “Stranger in Paradise” in English.  The first time I heard Sissel sing was at the opening ceremony of the 1994 Winter Olympics.  I love her voice and have several of her CDs.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

DIE, THREAD™!

“I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top