• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 November 2016 01:48 AM
SoccerDude28 - 09 November 2016 06:50 PM

What I am more worried about are the bigots in this country who are coming out of the woodwork because of what he said.

And it begins:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/us/post-election-hate-crimes-and-fears-trnd/index.html

Chomsky prediction

“The United States is extremely lucky that no honest, charismatic figure has arisen,” Chomsky went on. “Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself, like McCarthy or Nixon or the evangelist preachers. If somebody comes along who is charismatic and honest this country is in real trouble because of the frustration, disillusionment, the justified anger and the absence of any coherent response. What are people supposed to think if someone says ‘I have got an answer, we have an enemy’? There it was the Jews. Here it will be the illegal immigrants and the blacks. We will be told that white males are a persecuted minority. We will be told we have to defend ourselves and the honor of the nation. Military force will be exalted. People will be beaten up. This could become an overwhelming force. And if it happens it will be more dangerous than Germany. The United States is the world power. Germany was powerful but had more powerful antagonists. I don’t think all this is very far away. If the polls are accurate it is not the Republicans but the right-wing Republicans, the crazed Republicans, who will sweep the next election.”

“I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime,” Chomsky added. “I am old enough to remember the 1930s. My whole family was unemployed. There were far more desperate conditions than today. But it was hopeful. People had hope. The CIO was organizing. No one wants to say it anymore but the Communist Party was the spearhead for labor and civil rights organizing. Even things like giving my unemployed seamstress aunt a week in the country. It was a life. There is nothing like that now. The mood of the country is frightening. The level of anger, frustration and hatred of institutions is not organized in a constructive way. It is going off into self-destructive fantasies.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/9/1595055/-Noam-Chomsky-s-spot-on-prediction-of-a-Donald-Trump-presidency-in-2010

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

WWE at its finest,

Everyone should watch it

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

There is plenty of civil war stuff going on right now, but this is my pick for today

Even School and Colleges are WWE, women fighting like anything

Meanwhile Trump will entertain more crowds,

“Returning home to Trump Tower from the White House may not be Mr. Trump’s only embrace of the familiar. His aides say he has also expressed interest in continuing to hold the large rallies that were a staple of his candidacy. He likes the instant gratification and adulation that the cheering crowds provide, and his aides are discussing how they might accommodate his demand”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/14/media/breitbart-incendiary-headlines/index.html

Chief strategist in WhiteHouse

Thats gonna bring media giants fighting and lots of hate from leftists

Meanwhile,

http://thehill.com/media/306106-breitbart-news-planning-lawsuit-against-major-media-company

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I knew NicCage was a fraud
This confirms it

Props to DDL and Ledger

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wow you made me finally enthusiastic about Elba

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

My man

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ohhh, George Michael found dead, what a sad sad day!!
no explanation yet how he died, tho friends confirm he hadn’t had any health problems prior to his death, ....i guess it may be an overdose of some sort?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 25 December 2016 11:18 PM

Ohhh, George Michael found dead, what a sad sad day

Yeah man

i expressed my grief here

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/8985/#126845

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s been a bad year for celebrities.

RIP Princess Leia

Carrie Fisher died today after her Heart attack the other day.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

again R.I.P.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top