• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 30 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I tried playing Blade Runner a few years ago but, between my complete lack of familiarity with the movie and the world, the lack of subtitles (made worse by the terrible audio quality) and the non-traditional nature of the gameplay, the whole thing utterly confused me and I quickly gave up. I think the above screenshot might be approximately where I stopped.

I know this is supposed to be a fantastic game, but I don’t think I’ll ever give it another try. Meh

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

You are almost near the end Kuru Grin

Blade Runner for me stands not only From Game, i Watched Ridely Scott’s 82 Picture which it was the year the Novelist (Phlip deck) who Created the Book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Cheep) died before the Movie release, so he could not watch his work Turns into a great Picture at the time, I read Blade Runner Part 2 and 3 also which were written by guy (i cant recall his name) who won the yearly Phlip Dick Award for the best SciFi book and here i am waiting For Ridely Scott’s (announced 2013) Remake .

and just to point out something remarkable for me with the Game that one of my friends who never had a PC but PS and other consoles bought one to play it when he watched me playing it.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’d love a subtitle patch, anyone know anything about that? I love cyberpunk and the movie but I was pretty much immediately put off since I couldn’t follow what was happening in the game.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I never got to play Blade Runner.
I remember the time I first saw it to the store like it was yesterday…
Me and my best buddy went to the local computer store to buy adventure games….I chose Riven (along with Broken Sword 1&2), he chose Blade Runner. We promised to exchange the games when we had finished them (many a games I have exchanged when I finish them).
When that day came, he gave me the game’s cd and he…told me the ending!
I haven’t spoken to him since.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Aaah! It’s very long since I played this game now, but I played it several times! Actually it’s one of the games I’m thinking about maybe replaying. Frankly I didn’t remember that it was without subtitles, so it can’t have been a problem for me…

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Sefir - 30 June 2012 01:16 PM

When that day came, he gave me the game’s cd and he…told me the ending!
I haven’t spoken to him since.

Evil friend!  Naughty
I seem to remember though that you can get different endings…

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I played Blade Runner in January 2002, and I spent most of my time practising shooting in that practising alley (it was fun, really). I reckoned it was good that the game was quite different from the (brilliant) eponymous film (haven’t read the book, although I like reading Philip K. Dick’s novels and stories). One of these days (if not before) I should replay BR but I’m afraid that’s not going to happen (at least not soon). God, this life is too short.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top