• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any new Zork games on the horizon?

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

One of the series that started it all for me, next to countless others. I miss the world of Zork, just miss it. Not sure if there’s even been a mention or if anyone caught wind of a new one, but man I’d kill for a fresh new Zork!

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Really hope someone will Kickstart a new Zork game, or maybe a Zork spinoff. By “someone” I mean people who originally worked on the franchise, of course, not those random devs who released a couple of Browser sequels nobody cares for. Not sure what Marc Blank and Dave Lebling are up to these days, but I think the teams behind Nemesis and Inquisitor are still in business, and I love those titles! Zork universe is so rich, it’s a shame to see it covered in dust while many boring and unoriginal fantasy worlds getting one game after another.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Yea I think Zork would be an amazing come back game.

I love nemesis and inquisitor, but I don’t know what it is about Return to Zork but its just such cheesy goodness, that game brings back so many memories for me.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Have you played Spiritwrak? It’s a text adventure for z-machine interpreters (the same interpreting system the Infocom games ran on), and it’s free! According to Andrew Plotkin’s review notes, the author of this game got permission from Activision to set a new text adventure in the Zork universe, as long as no money was made and credit was given.

It’s easier than Sorcerer or (god forbid) Spellbreaker, but harder than Enchanter and most graphic adventures. The more recent releases make some of the limited-resource puzzles a bit more forgiving.

http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=tqpowvmdoemtooqf

Enjoy! You’ll need an interpreter like Gargoyle or WinFrotz to run it, or you can use the on-line Parchment interpreter on that page.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top