• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any idea of how well the new Tex Murphy game sold?

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Have any numbers been released by any chance?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Nope. Only thing Big Finish has said is, that it’s most likely a slow burner. But it is on the top list in GOG adventure and in top 60 in Steam adventure listings, so hopefully it is doing okay.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2014-05-09

PM

I asked Adrian Carr, the director, and he does not know either. So all I can do is hope.

Edit: Well, actually I can, and am, do more than that: I am practically begging people to buy over on my YouTube channel. It helps that there are multiple endings in the game so that I can encourage people to play the ending that I do not do on in the Let’s Play.

~Gaming Livestreams served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~ https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJessaChannel

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I would speculate that it’s probably doing pretty modest numbers, but that could be enough for a company like BFG. I think it’ll probably be a while before we really know for sure, because there are going to be the inevitable sales and bundles and the like.

I hope BFG keeps busy in the meantime. I don’t want to see them go back to making casual games. Even if they can’t do another Tex game anytime soon, I hope they can at least do some real adventure games, with 3D exploration and the kind of gameplay we love. I’d actually be pretty interested to see them do a new IP that builds on what they’ve learned making Tex.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top