• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Where can I download/purchase Memento Mori 2 from? - NOT Steam

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Hi AG’s,

Where can I download/purchase Memento Mori 2 from? - NOT Steam. I does not seem that I can get hold of MM2 from any other site than Steam, not even the developers site.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I think thats the only option right now, at least in english anyway.

EDIT: hmm i thought the first one was on gog, apparently not.

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

@zane

thanks for the info. Hmm, that was what I was afraid of. Frown I really don’t want to download via Steam.

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

Just out of curiosity, and if you don’t want to answer that’s fine, but why not?

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

@Antaios

Fair question. It’s just that I can’t be bothered registering for another site to play a game that is not DRM free. I’m already using Adventure Shop and Gog. I also prefer buying from my adventure games from Gog since the games are DRM free.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Nothing really wrong with steam if DRM is your issue. Even playing offline I’ve had no issues. Plus, the sales are great for adventure games.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

If I have the choice of buying from other place than Steam, like GOG or other DRM free places, I definitly will choose the other but, in this case, the only option was Steam and I had to go for it. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait and see if someone else will deliver the game. But I don’t expect to see that happen soon or ever. Go with Steam now.

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

Seems like a hassle to me too, asking around and doing research to find an alternative, when a Steam account is set up (and the game subsequently bought) in no more than a few minutes, but that’s me.

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

So when you said you asked out of curiosity, did you mean you’re asking so you can later preach your own view, or is this a coincidence?

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

No, it was genuine interest, and I didn’t want to say anything more about it at first. If someone doesn’t want to use Steam that’s their choice. I don’t see the problem, hence the question. Smile

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

My personal experience: Once i got over the false belief that steam is some kind of evil spying device that inhibits the performance of my computer, i learned its a great service with a huge selection and unbeatable sales. As much as i like gog, i find myself using steam more and more.. because i like the client. Also whether i buy from amazon, or retail, i can frequently redeem the serial on steam and get a digital copy there too. Its definitely more appealing if you know people who use it, because the client also doubles as an IM program with social networking features, which revolves around gaming. And actually i was very much like the original poster, i didnt like steam, didnt want to use it for many reasons, and then a few years ago a game i had been waiting years for, came out only on steam.. And iv used it more and more ever since.
/end pitch

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I especially enjoy the feature where if there’s a Steam client update, I get to spend my gaming time on watching it download a large (>100 MB) update then slowly install it before I can play anything.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

If you’re struggling to download over 100mb, the real question is why are you trying to download games. The install takes moments in my experience.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Tad - 26 May 2014 10:37 AM

If you’re struggling to download over 100mb, the real question is why are you trying to download games. The install takes moments in my experience.

I don’t think he meant that the problem was the download time of 100mb or the install time in itself. The problem is that if you fire up your computer and click on the icon expecting to play a game, then Steam instead decides that either the game or steam itself needs to be updated first, and you have to wait 15 minutes or perhaps even longer, before you can actually start playing.

The automatic update is not as such a bad thing, as it ensures we always have the latest version or patch, but it would be nice if it gave us the option of updating or not, instead of forcing it upon us.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah thats not a problem for me at all. I barely even notice it. And from what iv seen it only forces it on you when you’re starting steam up. Its not as if it closes your game mid-play.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The Steam updates are usually pretty fast, but that game updates can take quite a long time.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top