• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Who Was The Killer In Still Life 1? *SPOILERS, OF COURSE*

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Hi there,

So, I’ve not bothered to play Still Life 2, and I probably never will. Too many changes to the point where it doesn’t even feel like canon.

That being said, I’d still like to know what SL2’s conclusion was regarding the first game’s killer. I’ve read somewhere that it was Vic’s boyfriend in the end? Is this true? If so, what was his motive?

Also, I understand that this conclusion was made without the consent of the first game’s writer (whom I remember appearing on this site a number of years ago, to answer a few questions, under the name of ‘Se7en’. Is this true also?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

It doesn’t feel like a true ending and you are right about the killer. I personally didn’t like the whole plot conserning the first game - the one that was forcefully added to the second game, the first game itself was pretty great. Honestly I don’t remember all the details and I’m not very interested in replaying the game as I quite disliked it, but basically the dude turned out to be a real ridiculous, old fashioned “I just want to destroy everything” villain with the evil laugh and who was pretty much twisted from childhood already. He was the descendant of the painter-killer or something.

I thought him to be the too obvious choice and would have wanted to actually be surprised there.

I don’t know about the writers or their permissions.

And I think Still Life 2 is probably the adventure I’ve criticized the most, but honestly it’s not the worst adventure I played. I just can’t be objective when it was such a huge disappointment after Still Life, and even Post Mortem. There was some good stuff in the game and I loved the music but the “twists” honestly sucked and being cramped in the same environment basically playing survival horror most of the time wasn’t even close to what I was expecting from a sequel to a quality detective adventure.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Some gamefaqs guy did a good breakdown in narrowing down the killer as
Vics BF and his links to cult. He had too many clues gathered together.

It was complex story and i like murder myteries more open ended.

SL2 sucked yes SL1 had great atmosphere.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I liked the analysis by “Alex Lucard” at Diehard Gamefan
http://diehardgamefan.com/2006/02/12/46482/

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m not sure if your intent is to ask about SL1 or about how SL2 explains what happened in SL1, but there’s a good thread on the archived forum here with some speculation about the first game’s ending.

On pg3 one of the developers pops in and gives insight into how the game would have ended if Microids hadn’t run out of money during its production. Terramax, I think that’s the post you’re thinking of. (There are two - one where he says the ending had to be changed mid-development, and one where he says how it was supposed to end.)

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Thanks for that guys.

I was indeed referring to SL2. I remember the mention regarding SL1 being cut short due to budget constraints.

I’m one of the very few that actually liked the fact that you never knew who the killer was in SL1. It left an element of mystery. Of course, I wanted to know who the killer was, and was willing to wait for the 2nd game to be released to find out who. However, my heart sank when I found out it was by a completely different team, therefore, I don’t consider the 2nd game cannon, hence why I haven’t bothered to pick it up (that, along with the gameplay in the demo being quite poor, and the voice for Vic having been changed).

So, that was it basically. The BF was just your typical mad copycat killer. Can’t help but feel, had the sequel been made by the original developers, the sequel would’v turned out much better.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top