• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Technical breakout - Silence : The Whispered World 2

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2013-03-30

PM

Hi, I open this topic without forgetting this one : Projection Mapping in BoUT2, from King Art Games.

Nothing more than having the pleasure of looking behind the curtains.  Laughing

So here is an other case of using camera projection technique (or projection mapping) to create a 3D scene from a 2D painting.
This technique is not new but the result is one more time amazing.

(I advise HD + fullscreen).

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Awesome, Thanks for sharing, Shimrod!

HOW I LOVE DAEDALIC!

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

I gotta say, this gameplay video completely blew my mind:

I have to play the game for these graphics alone, as weird a statement as that is. I love that old feeling. That used to be a big part of adventures, Daedalic gets it.

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Daedelic’s 2D art design was never in doubt. Now they are pushing it into an entire new level. Hope the game is as good as its graphics. The first Whispered World is one of my favorite ones…

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Good timing for this thread, AG just posted a preview: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/26424

The graphics definitely look impressive. I don’t like the restrictions of 2D—especially the lack of changing camera angles during long dialogue sequences—so I’m glad to see Daedalic is experimenting with 3D while still being able to make use of the high-quality painted look that their 2D artists do so well.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

RockNFknRoll - 21 May 2014 02:04 PM

I gotta say, this gameplay video completely blew my mind:

I have to play the game for these graphics alone, as weird a statement as that is. I love that old feeling. That used to be a big part of adventures, Daedalic gets it.

I agree, but it “breaks my heart” to think such beautiful and great sceneries will be “rushed” with “one-click, one-item only” interface, and the lack of inventory. I thought beauty, and the magic of the scenes in the original couldn’t be matched, but I was wrong, so let’s hope Daedalic has some aces up the sleeve when it comes to interactivity and immersion, too.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, it does looks pretty awesome alright.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just read the preview on this site. I’m actually quite looking forward to this. The controls don’t seem that much of an issue and I like how they’ve tied the first game into this.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top