• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Night Trap coming with Better Res

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Heads up to collectors, the Limited Run Games physical version will be up in about 4h

https://limitedrungames.com/

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Never knew how wild the orders for these Limited Run games, thing was sold out in 2 minutes. Got 1 regular version. Seems like there’s going to be another batch in 8h

Edit: PC version still available

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

wilco - 11 August 2017 10:29 AM

Never knew how wild the orders for these Limited Run games, thing was sold out in 2 minutes. Got 1 regular version. Seems like there’s going to be another batch in 8h

That’s insane. Remember the game as kind of mediocre. Will still buy a digital copy obviously.  Crazy

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Grabbed the PS4 Collector’s Edition. Outside of full HD, the game looks like it has some interface updates so it’s easier to delineate what room the evil dudes you’re meant to trap (at night) are located.

Upsetting that so many scalpers grabbed a copy. It’s Night Trap not Gabriel Knight 2.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 August 2017 10:29 AM

On pS4 communities every went wild on hearing news of limited edition some even posting for the first time

There is always certain section on any given time wants certain game or genre type - Harveysmith

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Limited editions + nostalgia = big demand by collectors (and scalpers)

Crazy Sega is not doing a physical edition on Sonic Mania, for example

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

So from what I understand this is basically the same gameplay as the original? I would buy it if they changed it to make it more of an adventure game since I love FMV.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Has anyone played the new edition? It’s a lot easier now that you can preview what’s going on in a room from the thumbnails but it’s still VERY hard to trap every single auger (the bad guys are called augers like Augie Doggie) while keeping track of the plot.

You see, you also have to keep an eye on the guests and people running this house in order to know what colour access code you need to set off the traps. It requires a bit of content management.

It’s really funny that we have games like Her Story that win all these awards and attract all this acclaim but the gameplay is really just a variation of what you’d experience in these sleazy little FMV titles.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

“My Life in Gaming” did a documentary about the new “Night Trap”

Apparently the new version uses the old film footage, and if I’m understanding it right, a single person put together the new game. The video talks about it around 38min 20sec in.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top