• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

First Person mystery adventures please!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-18

PM

Hi! I’ve looked in the game recommendation thread, but there wasn’t this specific genre.

I’ve loved games like the Darkfall trilogy, Scratches, Montague’s Mount, Anna,  and Gone Home. Games in first person perspective with great stories and minimal interaction with other characters. And minimal action as this scares the bejeebus out of me, though I don’t mind a scary atmosphere. So Amnesia type games are out.

I’m not after puzzle heavy Myst type games, more where there is a mystery or deep back story to get to the bottom of.

Can anyone recommend anything like this?

Thank you all!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tex murphy (you could start with the new one tesla effect)
darkstar: the interactive movie

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

If you enjoyed the Dark Fall trilogy I recommend Barrow Hill, Rhiannon and in particular oldie Amber: Journeys Beyond.

Not many games like Gone Home around. Story games without puzzles or very easy ones that I liked are Dear Esther, Ceremony of Innocence (mysterious love story with beautiful interactive postcards), The Dark Eye (three Poe stories), Legend of Lotus Spring (love story), Bad Day on the Midway (weird stories of weird people). All of them older games, except Dear Esther.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 17 May 2014 05:04 AM

If you enjoyed the Dark Fall trilogy I recommend Barrow Hill, Rhiannon and in particular oldie Amber: Journeys Beyond.

Seconded. I think you will also enjoy Darkness Within and Baron Wittard although neither are quite on the same level as the three Karlok mentioned.

If you’re willing to play photo-based games, Anacapri is an absolute gem. The Carol Reed series is also good, although very light on puzzles.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

You might also like The Stanley Parable.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Ether One might be worth considering
http://www.gog.com/game/ether_one

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-18

PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone Smile

I’ve played Rhiannon and Barrow Hill which I enjoyed, and The Stanley Parable which I adored, so I’m looking forward to trying the other games you guys have mentioned.

Yay, very excited now!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top