• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The White Chamber remastered

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

The developer announced he’s working on a remastered version, with 720p graphics, more content and a Steam version.
http://thewhitechamber.lockeddoorpuzzle.com/

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Interesting. I never played the original, any good?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I enjoyed it. It’s not very long, and it’s sometimes weird for the sake of weird, but it tells a tight little story and does so well.
I intend to play the remastered version.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I always wanted to try the original, might as well wait for the remastered version now

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

Unless I’m completely misremembering, The White Chamber used to be freeware. I see that the remastered version will be sold commercially.

Other than as a way to now make a buck from the game, I can’t really see the point of this. The graphics were pretty high-res as they were (in higher resolution they may look crisper, but not really any different beyond that), and I don’t see additional padding making it any better: it’s a pretty simple story that works because it knows not to outstay its welcome. The prequel audio drama also used to be available for free (and in my experience is really only for hardcore fans).

Not that there’s anything wrong with trying to get paid for one’s work, and I think the game is good enough to merit buying – if you haven’t played the original version already.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Yeah, the original was (is?) free. Assuming the price tag isn’t insane, I wouldn’t mind buying the remastered version as retroactive payback for the original.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The original free version was pretty good and in fact much better than many games I have had to pay for, so I can’t really them for trying to make some money from it.

I however have a hard time seeing how they can actually improve it. The graphics voice acting etc. was already pretty good, and it doesn’t really need more puzzles or content.

Perhaps I will end up buying it as a way of paying for the original in retrospect, but I do wish they had made an entirely new game instead.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top