• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Baron_BlubbaCaliMonkchrissiediegoGabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pendulo Studios’ “Day One”.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

Take a look at this. Pendulo Studios is working on a new adventure game, called “Day One”. The only things known, except the name, is a bold,violent looking, guy and that it is going to be funded in a Kickstarter similar way. That’s what I understood at least…

http://uk.lab.gamesplanet.com/

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

“an ingame character modeled after YOU in Pendulo’s new game”

...umm, yeah.. I think I’ll pass on that one, looking at the characters in their previous games.

Unless this new game is vastly different from Yesterday I think I’ll pass on it too. Runaway 1 was fun but their recent games have not been my cup of tea.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2006-06-19

PM

I’m getting a bit tired of funding games to be honest. Fair enough for some developers who wouldn’t get their games made otherwise. But Pendulo Studios!? They’ve been making adventure games for a while now without needing us gamers to fund them!

I am the founder of Alternative Magazine Online - a UK website offering alternative views on films, games, books, music and more! I am also currently working with Revolution Software co-founder/programmer Tony Warriner on ‘Revolution: The Quest for Game Development Greatness’ - now live on Kickstarter!

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

I think that the Problem with Pendulo Studios is the length of the games. They do not have enough money to make them last longer although they would like to. That’s what they twitted once….Let’s hope that there is more information on this game any time soon.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I severely loved Yesterday and all previous games. So I’m absolutely excited for this. I REALLY CAN’T WAIT!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

I really enjoyed yesterday too. It is an example of how a good 3rd person point’n'click is made.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’m glad there are people out there who genuinely like their games. I see a lot of hate online for their games, and the company itself, and whilst I personally share many of the same qualms, I do still possess certain fondness for their brand. 

It’s obvious their games are genuine labours of love, and in a world where it is exceedingly difficult to make and publish adventure games, they put a lot of time and effort into their games.

So whilst I don’t think their writing is particularly strong (maybe they can get a Steve Ince or somebody one day to do some work for them?)  I do hope they manage to stay around and continue to make games into the future (and continue to improve!)

I think Yesterday was a step (small-step, maybe…but a step nonetheless) in the right direction…Hopefully, “One Day”, they’ll get it right! (sorry!)

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

A.A - 27 June 2012 06:29 AM

I think Yesterday was a step (small-step, maybe…but a step nonetheless) in the right direction…

Really? Actually I much prefer the tongue in cheek style of their other games, which I found consistently funny. As for “Yesterday”, I think it was extremely uneven from a story-telling point of view. When it was good, it was beyond excellent (and definitely the pinnacle of their story-telling abilities), but at other times the story felt almost bland and the comic flashbacks were completely out of place (though they featured the best gameplay).

I agree though that all their games are true labors of love and I wish they had the funds to make longer games (since their latest outings seem to get shorter and shorter).

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Castledoque - 27 June 2012 06:42 AM
A.A - 27 June 2012 06:29 AM

I think Yesterday was a step (small-step, maybe…but a step nonetheless) in the right direction…

Really? Actually I much prefer the tongue in cheek style of their other games, which I found consistently funny. As for “Yesterday”, I think it was extremely uneven from a story-telling point of view. When it was good, it was beyond excellent (and definitely the pinnacle of their story-telling abilities), but at other times the story felt almost bland and the comic flashbacks were completely out of place (though they featured the best gameplay).

I agree though that all their games are true labors of love and I wish they had the funds to make longer games (since their latest outings seem to get shorter and shorter).

I found yesterday to be a big step in the wrong direction, not that i hated it, i just expected more. I however love some of there previous titles.

If a kickstarter can get them back on track, and especially make their games longer, then i might consider backing it, i am however somewhat sceptical.
It shouldn’t be necessary for an established studio like Pendulo to have a kickstarter to fund their games.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

Pendulo Studios is not a huge company like Activision or Electronics Arts, which control the world of gaming. I can understand that they might need financial support. Adventure games are not sold as much as fresh bread does….

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Nothing about Yesterday I felt was wrong or out of place. Their ability to write interesting characters (maybe not the best in the industry, but that is to be expected for a genre that cannot fulfill the potential without evolving), interesting use of flashbacks which felt abrubpt giving the you a sense of creepiness, even if it was just a flashback. I can name a whole list of things that Yesterday did that no other game has done for the sake of taking a new direction in storytelling. Not everything is face value, so many things are just subtle, subliminal, and well thought out.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m not a big fan but I’ve been quite interested in Yesterday, it would seem to be a bit more my cup of tea than Runaway games for example. But I’ll just grab it from some huge sale to try it, which is the likely case for this game too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top