• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney for PC

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

I always thought the Ace Attorney games were only for consoles, but have just found out (while reading & browsing more re the Exogenesis Kickstarter) that they have apparantly also been ported for PC. Question is how you can actually (legally) get them (preferably as download) - I can’t find any mention of them on the Capcom or Ace Attorney websites. I’ve found a couple of websites where you can apparantly download them “for free”, but would imagine these are pirated versions (e.g. http://gamesdreams.com/showthread.php?181574-Play-Ace-Attorney-Phoenix-Wright-Trilogy-Game-Online). Any thoughts/help?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

to my knowledge, the pc versions have never been localized (so japanese only). There are versions you can get on iOS or other consoles.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

I remember on Black Friday I got a refurbished DS Lite for only $40 (original price $60). Works just fine! With so many good AGs on the DS, it’s the cheapest console to get if one doesn’t already have it Smile some puzzles are just more charming with the extra DS features in solving them.

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’d buy a second hand DS on ebay. Mainly because these are games you can play while on a trip, not at home, or outside. Save them for when you can’t play PC games.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Zifnab - 05 May 2014 05:05 AM

I’d buy a second hand DS on ebay. Mainly because these are games you can play while on a trip, not at home, or outside. Save them for when you can’t play P C games.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but the problem is that we play adventures together (me & my wife) and so a DS with its miniature screen isn’t exactly suitable. With a young(ish) son, free time’s pretty limited, main available time is when he’s in bed and so we’re at home. Guess getting a DS is something I could keep in mind for when he’s a bit older & so I might want something portable to play on my own.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Get two second hand DSs and play them together? Grin

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

DaveyB - 05 May 2014 02:28 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but the problem is that we play adventures together (me & my wife) and so a DS with its miniature screen isn’t exactly suitable. With a young(ish) son, free time’s pretty limited, main available time is when he’s in bed and so we’re at home. Guess getting a DS is something I could keep in mind for when he’s a bit older & so I might want something portable to play on my own.

I’d just say to buy the official games for DS or iOS, and then use a DS Emulator to play the rom versions on your computer.  You’d have effectively paid for what you were playing and it gives you the option of playing the handheld versions later.  If you have a Wii there is also a Wii version that you can buy online via WiiWare.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

If you are going the DS route, you could buy a 2DS instead so you can enjoy recent Ace Attorney games too. Either way, it’s a good time to be collecting for DS. Titles are at rock bottom prices and the rare games are just starting to appreciate (become over inflated)

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

If you’re going to get a DSanything, get a 3DSXL. Play all DS games, 3DS games, eShoe games, on a bigass screen.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

DaveyB - 05 May 2014 02:28 PM

theres a wii version Tongue
you could probably get one of those for 50 bucks.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Actually, the Dsi XL was made for exactly this purpose, to allow multiple people to play games at the same time. Used they are about 70 dollars too.

For DS adventure games, I much prefer the Dsi XL to the 3DS XL due to the fact that they reduced the size of the lower touch screens on both of the 3DS units.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top