• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: “Chapter One” - Chapter I

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 28 April 2014 06:23 AM

Tell me, who is the genius who guessed the nonexistent chapter Skull of Yorick by looking at a pic of a man touching a skull?

That’s confidential info (but we could work something out Tongue). You didn’t recognize Mel Gubson Gibson? Karlok, you’ve shown an excellent rebus and *rebuses* skill and extraordinary knowledge on the subject of ZGI, but you’re sentenced to 3 days watching nothing but Mel Gibson movies! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 28 April 2014 06:30 AM

Tell me, who is the genius who guessed the nonexistent chapter Skull of Yorick by looking at a pic of a man touching a skull?

That’s confidential info (but we could work something out Tongue). You didn’t recognize Mel Gubson Gibson? Karlok, you’ve shown an excellent rebus and *rebuses* skill and extraordinary knowledge on the subject of ZGI, but you’re sentenced to 3 days watching nothing but Mel Gibson movies! Tongue

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!! Anything but Mel Gibson, PLEASE! Even Richard Gere doing unspeakable things to women is better than having to sit through a MG movie.

PS: Did you know Mr. Gibbon once sent his female co-star in a movie a dead rat in a nice box as a welcome present?  Sick

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 28 April 2014 06:44 AM

Even Richard Gere doing unspeakable things to women is better than having to sit through a MG movie.

Like collecting rain water through a canal made of leaves as his female companion can drink it? Truly unspeakable. Gere is a wimp, MG is the true man!

Karlok - 28 April 2014 06:44 AM

PS: Did you know Mr. Gibbon once sent his female co-star in a movie a dead rat in a nice box as a welcome present?  Sick

Awww… Perhaps he knew she was afraid of rats and wanted to show to her that he killed one?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This was a tough one for me, Diego.  I thought the skull might have come from ZGI but didn’t remember a chapter name.  (I see why now.)  For the rest, I really had no point of reference.  Even if I had gotten a rebus right, I’m not sure I could have associated it with a particular game.  Good job to those who did!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got a bit more time now & the quiz is finished! Cry

Anyway, thank you diego - that was a lot of fun & hope you think about doing Chapter 2!

With so many games with Chapter headings Day 1, Day 2 etc that was the first one I thought of!

I’m sure I wasn’t the only one that a scene from Hamlet: “Alas poor Yorick” came to mind & along with the clue made the name Yoruck! Nope, I couldn’t find any chapter titles in ZGI so I just kept searching walkthroughs until I found a pretend one! Laughing

I’ve never paid too much attention to how games are divided until now & was surprised at the number that are just split up into Chapter/Part/Day 1 etc (if at all) with not so many having more unique titles for the different sections. 

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Crap, this is over already… Frown
With the additional hints, I could’ve (accidentally?) gotten 5 more of them. Only the last one would’ve eluded me… probably indefinitely… Grin

Karlok - 28 April 2014 06:09 AM

Anyway, hats off to the participants who didn’t take “chapter name” literally.

I wasn’t thinking of chapter names at all - I just kept giving random bits of sentences, hoping to strike gold. Heck, I wasn’t even thinking of chapter names that I knew existed… Tongue

diego - 28 April 2014 08:53 AM

MG is the true man!

Yeah, just ask Oksana…  Naughty

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

You know, I actually decoded 3 more chapter titles correctly from the clues, the only problem is that I didn’t know of / could find any games with that as a chapter title, so I didn’t send it in Confused Pan

And as for the Day 2 chapter title

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nice to get some insight in other people’s mental processes.  Cool  Here’s what I did. The prologue in The Longest Journey was the first thing I thought of for #1, but I figured it that couldn’t be it cause it was just a man with a lion’s head and a cigarette. I only sent in my guess after Diego posted the first (essential) hints. Nothing else made much sense to me. I concentrated on the fact that all the games were in AG’s Top Hundred and I even remembered some with chapters. Spiderman + monkey… let’s try the MI games. YES! Etcetera.

By the time the third series of hints were posted I’d already given up. But even now I don’t understand #8. What does this guy have to do with Morpheus? Please enlighten me, all you geniuses out there!  Gasp

PS: Diego, if you think my “201” solution is brilliant (it is! Thumbs Up), then where are my Bonus Points?  Tongue

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Karlok - 29 April 2014 04:37 AM

But even now I don’t understand #8. What does this guy have to do with Morpheus? Please enlighten me, all you geniuses out there!  Gasp

The Matrix - Morpheus

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Karlok - 28 April 2014 05:41 AM

Day Two

WHAT?!?

I know, that one I totally should have been able to get. Frown

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!