• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure games for WII

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

Hello all, it’s been quite a while…

As my PC is quite an old machine (about 8 years old), it won’t run relatively recent adventures such as “The Experiment” and “Perry Rhodan”.Older Games run smoothly.

Another problem is it’s located in my elder son’s room, which altogether turns playing AG’s after he falls asleep into a bad idea.

The WII console is, however,  free when the kids are asleep.

Can you recommend any Adventures (pure adventures, such as Aura, Siberia, Secret Files and Myst) I can play on the Wii?

I’ve tried browsing through lists of WII games, but the AG genre for that console seems to be unpopular. Under the titls “Adventure” I’ve also encountered many action - adventure games, which are not exactly my cup of tea.

Thank you very much in advance Laughing

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure is probably one you want to look into. Though I recall hearing its difficultly skews a bit young.

TellTale’s Sam & Max season’s 1 & 2 both got physical Wii editions. Tales of Monkey Island and Strong Bad’s Game for Attractive People got Wii Ware digital releases that should still be available.

I got to admit, the Wii looks a little on the lite side for Adventure Games. Its up to its EYEBALLS in hidden item games however.

Honestly the DS and 3DS had a much larger collection of legit Adventure Games.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Zack and Wiki is an awful game. As you progress gameplay becomes more and more trial-and-error based and you always need to shake the Wiimote furiously as a way to engage you or create fake difficulty or god knows what.

Secret Files Wii port was okay, not worse than the PC version.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Broken Sword is on the WII:

http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Sword-Shadow-Templars-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001HTDSSO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1397732353&sr=8-5&keywords=broken+sword

So is Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun

There are some additional games if you look at Broken Sword Wii at Amazon.com and check the bottom of the page for what customers also bought.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

There is Another Code game like the DS one made for the Wii, and I think the Secret Files games were on there too.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

Antrax - 17 April 2014 06:24 AM

Zack and Wiki is an awful game. As you progress gameplay becomes more and more trial-and-error based and you always need to shake the Wiimote furiously as a way to engage you or create fake difficulty or god knows what.

Secret Files Wii port was okay, not worse than the PC version.

Agree that the praise for Zack and Wiki was way overblown. It’s okay as far as puzzles go (I think it’s more that Gobliiins style of “single room” puzzle as opposed to a traditional adventure game), but there are some big flaws. It lacks polish, and there are a limited number of “lives” that stretch for the length of the game. So if you wind up on the last level having lost all of your “lives” already, you’ll have to restart the entire level every time you make a small mistake, with no way to accrue additional retries. This can be a big waste of time.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Exclusives -
Another Code R
Zack and Wiki - I agree with the above sentiment that the game in the last levels is a lot frustrating (I don’t think I even finished because of the last level) but I think it’s still worth a playthrough. Definitely in the vein of Gobliiins.

More adventures:
Secret Files
Tellgames - Sam and Max, etc
Broken Sword
Agatha Christie - And there were none and Evil under the Sun
Cursed Mountain
Sherlock Holmes
Safecracker

Not really adventures that you should check out:
Project Zero 2 - Very good survival horror
Trauma Center New Blood
Silent Hill Shattered Memories