• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Breakout

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/26276

Really like the look of this one.

Like Eurogamer states it reminds me of an old Spectrum game based on The Great Escape.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-10-the-breakout-a-point-and-click-game-with-player-freedom

“The story of a man against the odds, locked down by a ruthless oppressor and striving to be free has always fascinated me. Dropping him in the hellish conditions of a prisoner of war camp during WW2 felt like the perfect way to take the player on an emotional rollercoaster ride. Surviving with nothing but his wits, an escape plan and the fierce desire to break free provides that glimmer of hope that keeps him going above all else. Packed with memorable characters, truly evil villains and a sprinkle of the occult, The Breakout offers a unique twist on the point-and-click genre.” Adam Jeffcoat, Game Director

Looking forward to this.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good short and stylish video presentation in the A-team style.

Also like the prison escape setting.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Hello everyone!

Maybe some of you might already know about it but im posting this cause some of you might dont. There is a great looking adventure game on the Kickstarter webpage: The Breakout.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2084621640/the-breakout

The game looks amazing and if you visit the games page you can see that the creators made a lot of effort working on it so that they could present us a great looking adventure game.

Sadly for some reasons they are far from reaching the stretch goal for the game to be funded thats why i thought that for the first time i actually try to do something and help these guys.
Im not one of the creators or related to them in any ways. Im just a fan like you guys who likes to play adventure games and would love to play the full Breakout game. All im asking is that you guys just look at the project, try out the demo that they made (ik its not very challenging but thats obviously an early stage of the game which shouldnt be) and if you like it and see some fantasy behind these guys’ dream then go and back their project.

Thanks for reading this Smile

Oh and if you havent heard about kickstarter dont worry about backing the project cause it 100% safe and if they dont reach the funding goal they wont even take your money so you wont lose anything (except being able to play a great game).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

At the very least, this looks like it’ll be more fun than that horrible 2002 third-person stealth game “Prisoner of War”. Cool

Don’t think they’ll make it at this point, though… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I love the backgrounds. The character look, well, interesting. A little on the cartoony side for my tastes, and I would have to see how the animations and voices go together.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I met Adam on the Indie stands at PlayBlackpool this weekend.
He had just finished a demo scene and was play-testing it for the first time. Personally I love the stylised look and the animation was done beautifully. It was only the opening scene of the game but I can tell it has great potential.

I really hope he will be successful with his kickstarter, but he admitted he’s worried how far off he is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top