• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

April release schedule is looking good

Poll: What are you most excited to play in April?
Total Votes: 73
Tesla Effect
Moebius
Blackwell Epiphany
Wolf Among Us Ep3
Broken Sword 5 Ep2
Other (please specify)
None

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This month seems to be really healthy in terms of adventure games releases.
3 kickstarters being released (hopefully broken sword doesn’t slip) + new indie title from Wadget Eye + another telltale episode + some games I’m probably forgetting.

What are people mostly anticipating?

I’m excited to see the end of Broken Sword, curious about Moebius but what i’m really anticipating is undoubtedly the new Tex game! Finally.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

It’s a little unfair, but you pretty much know what you’re getting with Broken Sword 5 Part 2, The Wolf Among Us Episode 3, and The Blackwell Epiphany.  All three of them will be good games without a doubt, but the how they play, look, etc questions have already been answered.  In terms of “anticipation”, I agree with you, it’s definitely Tex Murphy at number one, followed by Moebius for me.  The trailers for Tex Murphy in my view have been awesome.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Definitely looking forward to playing Tex Murphy and Moebius. A little worried Tex wont run very well on my computer though. Looks similar to Gone Home in terms of gameplay/mechanics (Tesla Effect looks nicer) and I had to set the game options quite low for it to run properly…

My specs are:

OS X 10.9.2
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 MB

Anyone think it’ll be okay?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

aaroncarney - 07 April 2014 06:37 AM

Definitely looking forward to playing Tex Murphy and Moebius. A little worried Tex wont run very well on my computer though. Looks similar to Gone Home in terms of gameplay/mechanics (Tesla Effect looks nicer) and I had to set the game options quite low for it to run properly…

My specs are:

OS X 10.9.2
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 MB

Anyone think it’ll be okay?

GOG lists these:

Minimum system requirements: Windows XP SP3 / Vista / 7 / 8
Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core or equivalent.
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia 200 series with DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:15 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX 9 Compatible Audio.

I think you’re good.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Detective Conan: Phantom Rhapsody (3DS) - Last year’s game based on the hit detective comic/cartoon (DC: Marionette Symphony) was certainly not perfect, but did turn out to be a fine example of synergy between story and game mechanics, I hope that this year’s release will built on that foundation.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Tesla  Heart Eyes
Moebius  Cool
Broken Sword 5, second part Smile

Don’t care about the rest. I’m one of the few people who get bored by the Blackwell games and the Wolf stuff looks unappealing.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Tex Murphy looks better than anything else, but my expectations go to Moebius. I’m also curious about Broken Sword part 2, although the wait has been too long to get me excited now.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2007-02-13

PM

Tex tops the list for me especially since I alraidy paid for the game during the Kickstarter campaign.  Mobeius also looks interesting.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I’m looking forward to Moebius, Tex Murphy and Blackwell Epiphany, in that order. What a busy month for adventure gaming, and I’m not sure I will have all that much time for it…

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

My anticipation for tex right now is sky high. Definitely looking forward to that the most. And this is a nice month. The wolf is probably at the bottom of my list right now, only because im waiting until all the episodes are out to continue to play it.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Tex Murphy is one of those games I’ve been wishing against hope for ever since the last one, so it’s really hard for anything to trump that. Even if it didn’t look so damn good, just the chance to get back to that world and those characters would be enough.

I’ve mostly held off on Broken Sword to wait for the second part, so that will also get a run-through from me.

Moebius has me curious, but based on the demo I’m not sure if it’s going to be high priority. We’ll see how the reviews are.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Broken Sword and The Wolf Amongst us for me. I don’t know much about Tex Murphy or Blackwell. I’ve heard of them, but they’re just games that have slip under the radar or haven’t interested me.

I’m not sure on Moebius. The story seems okay and the I liked the way the puzzles were thought out, but the demo left me a bit cold.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I would of chosen Blackwell over Broken Sword 5, but the real winner is Tex Murphy!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 07 April 2014 06:14 AM

I’m excited to see the end of Broken Sword, curious about Moebius but what i’m really anticipating is undoubtedly the new Tex game! Finally.

^This - But I am also really looking forward to the last Blackwell game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Tesla Effect without any doubt. Moebius will propably be an okay game, but it doesn’t get me that exited. Also Broken Sword 5 part 2, which I hope will bring a solid conlusion to the game.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

There’s also Journeyman Project : Pegasus Prime coming on the 10th, apparently.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top